shipit query...

Status
Not open for further replies.

adi007

Youngling
I don't know whether i have started my thread in the right place or not..But i think opensource is appropriate place to share my experience with ship it....

I requested 4 ubuntu CD's and i recieved it....Then,i requested 2 edubuntu and 2 Kubuntu CD's from shipit.kubuntu.com and shipit.edubuntu.com some days ago and i today when i logged into the account.I found this

Shipped/Cancelled requests

* 2 CDs requested on 2007-10-15. 2 CDs were approved and sent to the shipping company on 2007-10-15. Please note requests usually take from 4 to 6 weeks to deliver, depending on the country of shipping.
* 2 CDs requested on 2007-10-18. 2 CDs were approved and sent to the shipping company on 2007-10-22. Please note requests usually take from 4 to 6 weeks to deliver, depending on the country of shipping.
* 4 CDs requested on 2007-11-14. This request was not approved, so no CDs were shipped.

I was shocked:shock: ..I have seen several people requesting 10's of cd's and their request are approved but why did they not approved my request ??:confused::confused:

Why should i do now:confused::confused:...
Should i request again:confused::confused:...
I live in Hassan,Karnataka....

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
^^ I guess this is because you have requested the CD's multiple times. Postage is paid by them so making multiple requests might have caused your request to be rejected.

you could have just requested all the CD's in one order.

The_Devil_Himself

die blizzard die! D3?
^^exactly what i was thinking.

Dude shipping involves huge costs(even more than the cost of media) so make all your requests in one go so that they reach you all at the same time.

btw don't request more cds cos kubuntu is very buggy cos of that newer kde version.And it is not worth trying IMO.edubuntu is same as ubuntu except for some extra networking tools(server-cliet etc.) I guess and it is not a livecd.

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
adi007 said:
I don't know whether i have started my thread in the right place or not..But i think opensource is appropriate place to share my experience with ship it....

I requested 4 ubuntu CD's and i recieved it....Then,i requested 2 edubuntu and 2 Kubuntu CD's from shipit.kubuntu.com and shipit.edubuntu.com some days ago and i today when i logged into the account.I found this

I was shocked:shock: ..I have seen several people requesting 10's of cd's and their request are approved but why did they not approved my request ??:confused::confused:

Why should i do now:confused::confused:...
Should i request again:confused::confused:...
I live in Hassan,Karnataka....
if you want i can send the cd to you;)

praka123

left this forum longback
^ask gigacore or infra_red_dude:both are 4m nam Bengalooru ;)

OP
A

adi007

Youngling
The_Devil_Himself said:
^^exactly what i was thinking.
Dude shipping involves huge costs(even more than the cost of media) so make all your requests in one go so that they reach you all at the same time.
How can this be done.... :confused::confused: because u have to visit 3 different sites and i don't think they will club them all of your requests.....:confused::confused:

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
^^All products are from the same company :)

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
adi007 said:
How can this be done.... :confused::confused: because u have to visit 3 different sites and i don't think they will club them all of your requests.....:confused::confused:
Yes, when you order they all are clubbed together.

OP
A

adi007

Youngling
^^Ok.
Now what should i so :confused:.should i create a new account or wait for a few days and then request... :confused:

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
download from net,ask your LUG, ask your friends, look them in tech mags,Request here & as a last resort create a new account;)

OP
A

adi007

Youngling
planning to create a new account.
But i think they will know it since address and phone no. will be the same :confused:...
Will the address and phone no. be compared for various accounts :confused:...

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
adi007 said:
planning to create a new account.
But i think they will know it since address and phone no. will be the same :confused:...
Will the address and phone no. be compared for various accounts :confused:...
Please don't prerious resources of Ubuntu, otherwise this service may be stopped altogether.:(

utsav

damn busy...
does any other distro has free cd/dvd shipping service*gigasmilies.googlepages.com/7.gif

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
utsav said:
does any other distro has free cd/dvd shipping service*gigasmilies.googlepages.com/7.gif
its costs a BOMB to operate such service, in return users abuse it, i have seen cased in which users order 100cds then sell them raabiwalla for 0.50a disc:eek:

dude, for ubuntu it costs well over 500/-

see what these people do, in return to a wonderfull service :(

OP
A

adi007

Youngling
gary4gar said:
Please don't prerious resources of Ubuntu, otherwise this service may be stopped altogether.:(
I am not misusing it gary4gar,i just wanted one kubuntu and edubuntu cd:(.

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
adi007 said:
I am not misusing it gary4gar,i just wanted one kubuntu and edubuntu cd:(.
well then i said na
download from net,ask your LUG, ask your friends, look them in tech mags,Request here & as a last resort create a new account.

also ask gigacore or infra_red_dude

din

Tribal Boy
@gary4gar

101% agree with you.

Try shipit if you are far away from the city, or in a remote village where there is no internet, no ILUG, no friends with Broadband etc !

Try to get in touch with friends who are in your city having BB. Thats the best option.

Status
Not open for further replies.