Setting up wifi for alliance broadband cable connection(kolkata)

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
if you ask alliance broadband people that, you want auto login, i.e. u dont want to log in each time through the web page.,then they will set your connection that way. you will just have to switch on the modem, it will connect to the server and that all.

but as u get it, it could be a security risk, as anyone can turn on the internet from your modem.
That is indeed a grave security and privacy risk.
Thank You Friend for more clarification and info.

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
if you ask alliance broadband people that, you want auto login, i.e. u dont want to log in each time through the web page.,then they will set your connection that way. you will just have to switch on the modem, it will connect to the server and that all.

but as u get it, it could be a security risk, as anyone can turn on the internet from your modem.

That is indeed a grave security and privacy risk.
Thank You Friend for more clarification and info.

just for the sake of a constructive argument, that would be a security risk only if they have a wired connection with the router/ISP Cat6 cable.
That is obviously after assuming that you have a fairly difficult WiFi password. and you would have to have your laptop secured with a password so he/she would have his/her own laptop to go for the wired connection..

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
As long as wifi security is good there is no need for concern even if router automatically connects to isp.Nobody is going to physically connect a laptop in some stranger's home & if it is some friend/relative you are not going to say no anyway.On the other hand if wifi security is weak(easy password,not using WPA2 etc) then it doesn't matter if web login is there or not.

icebags

Technomancer
may be his college mates will come with a cable, connect to the router, and will download bahubilli 2 from forbidden tidal sites, when he goes to the bathroom for a shower.

dissel

Cyborg Agent
Hello Experts can I ask one question here,

Couple of months back I found some phone name appeared under Windows Network (Windows 10) section when I'm using the Home Boradband - Like Brand from Gionee / Micromax etc etc at Evening / Night...which none of our family members owned and None of my friends/relatives came or used my broadband connection ever.

Is that mean - Those are from outside who hacked my Home Wi-Fi and used my BB ? During that time I checked to the Router (Asus Router) Client Page and all device listed there are known to us as well as no suspicious activity.

Yes - I used complicated Password as well as Highest Stranded Password encryption such as WPA2 / PSK etc etc @ Router.

What are those ? Is there a feature Win 10 can discover the other unknown Wi-Fi device located near by.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
I am not sure but there are some P2P features in win 10 like sharing of windows updates which is enabled by default sometimes.As long as no unknown device is being listed in router it should be fine.

Top Bottom