sending sms through internet

Status
Not open for further replies.

amey_dude

Journeyman
Hi all,

I want to develop a code as a part of my project, which sends sms to any mobile in the world (atleast in india ;) ) thrugh internet in visual c++ or vb but mostly in VC++.

Can any one suggest me any ideas how to do it ??

theKonqueror

CCIE# 20863
try sourceforge.net or go to pscode.com to see some vb alternatives.

U can get the concept thru VB, if u find 1 on pscode.

Trinity

Journeyman
hey amey_dude

if u find the code plz lemme know the source, it wud be fun experimenting with it.

thanx buddy. BTW r u a professional programmer? wat do u work on?

OP
A

amey_dude

Journeyman
hey Trinity, i am not a professinal yaar. i am just a student.I am doing a project on a security cams. also this project contains the part of sending sms for alerting the user. thats y i am asking for any idea to develop s/w for windows for sending sms. i found a sms gateway which is FREE :shock: but it cannot be used for windows :cry: coz its for linux :evil: BTW if want the url of the gateway i will give you.

Charley

Just Do It
amey_dude said:
also this project contains the part of sending sms for alerting the user. thats y i am asking for any idea to develop s/w for windows for sending sms. i found a sms gateway which is FREE :shock: but it cannot be used for windows :cry: coz its for linux :evil: BTW if want the url of the gateway i will give you.

M8, I'm not even a Tech student but I am intrstd in these stuffs. Please let me know the gateway. If u know any in Windows later let me know. :)

R u aware on how to create these free sms sites by writing programs? I'm a novice so any ideas are appreciated.

PainKiller

thug for life...2pac
hey all,

all these free sms site u see on net workz on a single concept n thats sms gateways...u can have 1 if u r willing 2 pay 8) the programming language dont matter..what matters is the technique to communicate with d gateway..programming can be done in vc/vb/asp/php etc

i dont a lotta free time but if i found somethin interesting bout sms i will definitly post it.......bye

Charley

Just Do It
PainKiller said:
all these free sms site u see on net workz on a single concept n thats sms gateways...

But then why doesnt sms sent from various sites get delivered? I have sent sms thru various sites and only a few sites actually deliver the msgs'

PainKiller said:
dont a lotta free time but if i found somethin interesting bout sms i will definitly post it.......bye

Pls send me a PM if u do so. :)

Cheers.

PainKiller

thug for life...2pac
hey achacko@dataone.in,

as u know all the site that r offering free sms uses some kind of scripting lang...php/asp/asp.net etc these sms programs pass a hell of a lot parameters in order to connects to sms gateway. even if a single parameter gets mistyped then u r dead...moreover, sms gateway communicates with the network of various mobile services providers...such as hutch/airtel all these cos may/may not use same type of hardware....thats why free sms websites works wid some of the mobile service providers.

sms sites that i use r:
krifysms.com and smsjunction.com

if u know any other site...then plz post it here.

bye for now

moshel

Padawan
amey_dude said:
hey Trinity, i am not a professinal yaar. i am just a student.I am doing a project on a security cams. also this project contains the part of sending sms for alerting the user.

There was this article in digit of [DeXTeR] about a yr ago. he had the system where alerts from his house were sent to his mobile. why dont u have a look at that article or maybe try to contact him

Charley

Just Do It
PainKiller said:
sms sites that i use r:
krifysms.com and smsjunction.com

if u know any other site...then plz post it here.

bye for now

for me the above 2 dont work.....

And if u need more sms sites do a search here and u will find umpteen of them

OP
A

amey_dude

Journeyman
achacko@dataone.in said:
amey_dude said:
the linux gateway is

www.kannel.org

Checked the site and now how 2 use it?

Hey good newssss !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D

Read the FAQ provided in the site. Its said that we can use the source code (provided by them) in Windows 9x also. using the tool (link provided there) we can compile the source code in win 9x. :D :D
to get the source code go to the sorce code link provided there.

Charley

Just Do It
amey_dude said:
Hey good newssss
Read the FAQ provided in the site. Its said that we can use the source code (provided by them) in Windows 9x also. using the tool (link provided there) we can compile the source code in win 9x. :D :D
to get the source code go to the sorce code link provided there.

I didnt get it. Just xplain me how shud u use it. SHud u use it in a website or just log on to the site and well Hmmmm, I'm confused?

Lemme knw.....

expertno.1

Technomancer
why dont u see this
*www.kannel.org/faq.shtml
downlaod here
*www.kannel.org/download.shtml
compatibility
*www.kannel.org/compatibility.shtml

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom