Scheduler not running in Vista

Status
Not open for further replies.

hansraj

In the zone
i am facing a strange prob in my vista ultimate in which the scheduler service has to be run manually and when i try to change it to run automatic from the services panel then the option of automatic is greyed out. Is it a known problem....
Also can anyone tell me that if i want to run a particular exe file as service during start up of windows is it possible... i dont want the application to be visible in the task bar anywhere..

Last edited:

anandk

Distinguished Member
check if the RPC and Event Log Services are also set on automatic and running. if not, do so, reboot and then try agn.

OP
hansraj

hansraj

In the zone
i checked....... 'windows event log' and rpc are both in automatic and both are running as well. though i didnt find any service as 'event log services'

still the same problem.....

anandk

Distinguished Member
try : Troubleshooting Windows Task Scheduler
*www.shijaz.com/windows/taskscheduler.htm

OP
hansraj

hansraj

In the zone
ok.... iam sorry if i could not convey it properly.... task scheduler starts and runs but on being launced it gives an error message that the scheduler service is not running and everytime i have to run manually. and also the automatic options in the services panel is greyed out for scheduler service.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom