Sapphire HD6950 1GB - Temperatures and Overclocking

OP
Jaskanwar Singh

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
Yes vsync was on.

Now avg in RE5 variable bench is 93.6 at stock. Rest might be cpu bottleneck.

But skud i have checked load on win startup and start minimized. But still i have to load profile myself on startup. Why so?

Last edited:

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
No idea. In my case, that never happened. Have you saved your OC profile?

max_007

Broken In
Hi Jas. Sorry can't help you out with this as I haven't used Trixx. Maybe you can try to run it in administrator mode while right clicking?

Don't have dirt 3, but for comparison, in RE5, with highest settings and on stock clocks, I get around 85 fps in the variable bench. A friend of mine who has oced his 2600k to 5.1Ghz gets 135 on the benchmark.

Edit:

The RE5 score seemed low and I checked again. Some app was forcing my CPU to downclock for some reason. I restarted and ran it again and these are my results:

*i51.tinypic.com/357irtv.jpg

I think you might be getting a bit CPU bottlenecked..
which benchmark software you are using bro ??
:smile:

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
There is a standalone Resident Evil 5 Benchmark tool available. Search Guru3D. :)

rchi84

In the zone
The benchmark is also available in the game itself. When you launch it, and come to the first menu, under start, there's a benchmark option :)

Here is the result on 6970 clocks. Very minor difference.

*i56.tinypic.com/20raibc.jpg

max_007

Broken In
hey guys RE5 benchmark...i am getting 93 fps ..is it good??..bcoz i just brought this card (560 ti hawk)and i want to know the card is performing well or not..!!
My config
i5 750
Intel DP55WB
4 gb corsair
MSI GTX560 ti Hawk
benq g2420hd
vx450
windows 7 32 bit

*oi55.tinypic.com/vy3xap.jpg

max_007

Broken In
@max_007 : Which GTX 560Ti you have? Stock or OC'ed?
Its MSI GTX560 ti HAWK :)
MSI N560GTX GDDR5 1GB Graphic Card - Model N560GTX-Ti Hawk ― Lynx - The Audio , Electronics And Computer Online Store In India
actually i dont know its oc'ed or not :???:

rchi84

In the zone
@max_007 You have a card that comes with a healthy OC from the manufacturer :) So no worries about warranty voids or anything.

I know Vickybat was interested in this (I am assuming this is what your question was related to), so here's a link to Error Detection in GDDR5.

Radeon 5870 and GDDR5

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
@max_007 You have a card that comes with a healthy OC from the manufacturer :) So no worries about warranty voids or anything.

I know Vickybat was interested in this (I am assuming this is what your question was related to), so here's a link to Error Detection in GDDR5.

Radeon 5870 and GDDR5

Thanks for the link mate. Going through it right away.:smile:

Is RE5 heavily gpu dependent?

Yes it isn't cpu intensive. Try crysis 2 with DX11 + high res textures+ ultra settings. Your gpu deserves it. Try it and let us know the results.:smile:

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
Nice max.
asingh what are temps of your card? Fan profile setting?

No fan profile settings. Just the drivers. I can run the RE5 bench today. My last run was quite long back when the game came. But I still have it installed. Will post temperature logs, along with the benchmark today.

OP
Jaskanwar Singh

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
Yes it isn't cpu intensive. Try crysis 2 with DX11 + high res textures+ ultra settings. Your gpu deserves it. Try it and let us know the results.:smile:

It should be - 'I deserve it' :grin:;-)

I think so.

yeah thats why. max is getting average of 93.7 and i 93.6(on stock clocks). that processor thought aroused as he uses a 750 and i an athlon x4 635 :grin:

No fan profile settings. Just the drivers. I can run the RE5 bench today. My last run was quite long back when the game came. But I still have it installed. Will post temperature logs, along with the benchmark today.

sure buddy.

i tested RE5 and Dirt3 benches with 800mhz (stock clocks) and 875mhz. voltage and memory left to default 1100 and 1250.

here are results -

Dirt 3 stock -
*img51.imageshack.us/img51/6164/dirt3game20110725152532.png

Dirt 3 OC -
*img560.imageshack.us/img560/8373/dirt3game20110725153103.png

RE5 Stock -
*img808.imageshack.us/img808/172/re5dx102011072416080615.png

(the fan profile here is set to default, thats why you see 71c)

RE5 OC -
*img827.imageshack.us/img827/6904/re5dx102011072515081793.png

will post updates soon after trying further oc on stock voltage.

BTW system pics here -

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/hardware-...lite-430-discussion-thread-8.html#post1460101

Top Bottom