Samsung vs Others Vis a vis Auto call Rec without informing

sunandoghosh

Broken In
Note: Edited my post to include questionnaire. Kindly revert now pls.

My utmost requirement is auto call recording without informing to other party.

1. Budget? 20-30K can stretch to 40K max
2. Display type and size? Amoled Size atleast 6.43
3. Dual sim? Yes
4. Preferred choice of brand? better OS like miui OS unified OS
5. What camera option you want (flash, front facing camera)? preferably with OIS
6. Preferred operating system? (Android, iOS,Stock Android etc). Android
7. Preferred connectivity options (Dual 4G,802.11AC/5Ghz(not 5g mobile network) wifi). Dual 4G
8. Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, internet, gaming etc)? Except gaming
9. Any specific mobile phones in consideration? Wanted to buy value for money phones like One Plus or redmi but they are lacking auto call record option without notifying
10. Any other info that you want to share:
Pls see below

All my research and analysis in Indian Context over last few days seems to indicate that
almost all brands except Samsung are moving / moved to Google Dialer and call recording in such cases
informs to other party.

I don’t want to go third party route of apps as many times these wont work or record one side only.
Custom ROMs require too much time and present challenge in new updates.
So want to keep it out of box.

The only pain point is the specs Samsung gives is not good compared to price they charge vis a vis oneplus or even redmi etc.

Even 40K Samsung phone is giving 15W charger even though phone supports 25W.

Also in same price we can get OnePlus redmi etc premier phones

But lack call recording without informing feature.

Pls suggest me what are my best option? Am I missing some phones which can record without indicating to other party?

P.S. Am using oneplus 9 with oneplus dialer unofficial apk for time being. But seems even that may be phased out. Already the apk for oneplus dialer does not work on nord.

Last edited:

TigerKing

Wise Old Owl
*geek.digit.in/community/threads/call-recording-app-on-custom-rom.207630/

I'm using Call Recorder by SKVALEX.
BEST SO FAR

*play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.skvalex.cr

maheshn

Journeyman
My utmost requirement is auto call recording without informing to other party.

All my research and analysis in Indian Context over last few days seems to indicate that
almost all brands except Samsung are moving / moved to Google Dialer and call recording in such cases
informs to other party.

I don’t want to go third party route of apps as many times these wont work or record one side only.
Custom ROMs require too much time and present challenge in new updates.
So want to keep it out of box.

The only pain point is the specs Samsung gives is not good compared to price they charge vis a vis oneplus or even redmi etc.

Even 40K Samsung phone is giving 15W charger even though phone supports 25W.

Also in same price we can get OnePlus redmi etc premier phones

But lack call recording without informing feature.

Pls suggest me what are my best option? Am I missing some phones which can record without indicating to other party?

P.S. Am using oneplus 9 with oneplus dialer unofficial apk for time being. But seems even that may be phased out. Already the apk for oneplus dialer does not work on nord.

Redmi Note 8 Series, which I'm using at present, can be set to record all calls without notifying anyone. It is in the call settings of the dialer (Not google's dialer but the one which comes with the phone)., and limited only by the storage space on the device. It should present on the newer Redmi Note series also. No custom ROM or anything is required atleast in this phone.

vidhubhushan

Alakh Niranjan
i was using boldbeast in Moto G5S+ which worked in the beginning but later doesn't. most of the time i found the other parson's voice which was recorded properly for few seconds went to extremely low volume rendering it useless. in samsung it works without any issue.
fill up the questionnaire and then some suggestion can be given.

OP
S

sunandoghosh

Broken In

BEST SO FAR

But dont want to go for custom rom route and this app has too many negative reviews
want stable operation

OP
S

sunandoghosh

Broken In
Redmi Note 8 Series, which I'm using at present, can be set to record all calls without notifying anyone. It is in the call settings of the dialer (Not google's dialer but the one which comes with the phone)., and limited only by the storage space on the device. It should present on the newer Redmi Note series also. No custom ROM or anything is required atleast in this phone.
Exactly can somebody who owns redmi confirm me whether new redmi releases like Redmi 11 etc are having also native redmi dialer and not forced to use google dialer?

OP
S

sunandoghosh

Broken In
i was using boldbeast in Moto G5S+ which worked in the beginning but later doesn't. most of the time i found the other parson's voice which was recorded properly for few seconds went to extremely low volume rendering it useless. in samsung it works without any issue.
fill up the questionnaire and then some suggestion can be given.
Done Sir.

TigerKing

Wise Old Owl
But dont want to go for custom rom route and this app has too many negative reviews
want stable operation
Don't go for reviews. As it's only 1 time statement and people don't change their review after problem is solved.
Trust me. Go through the link I posted. Read every post.
And you will understand why.
And I think this app works without root too. Just ask the developer.
You will not be disappointed.
Your choice.

TigerKing

Wise Old Owl
Exactly can somebody who owns redmi confirm me whether new redmi releases like Redmi 11 etc are having also native redmi dialer and not forced to use google dialer?
Poco M4 pro 5g have Google phone and messages

Buy old Redmi device for calling purpose.
And for normal use, get new device.
2 device within 30k or 40k

vidhubhushan

Alakh Niranjan
Done Sir.
no Sir business here friend. :smile:

well you can go for S20FE 5G for around 35-36k or A52S (am using & its good for general use) for around 30k.
after using one mi phone & facing too many bugs, i am done with it so i will not suggest any mi device.

Last edited:

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!

BEST SO FAR

I tired the magisk variant but have uninstalled it since the license price is too high IMO.

TigerKing

Wise Old Owl
I tired the magisk variant but have uninstalled it since the license price is too high IMO.
Yes but worth every penny.
I haven't seen any issues with this rom Redmi Note 4 RR OS 8.6.6 official. Last updated stable build.
I can't tell for A11 and A12. Not tried any new rom

I also tried asking discount from developer.
He didn't replied about discount but answered all other questions I had

ankushv

Journeyman
Mi max 2 user here . Has stock miui dialler not the new Google one . Auto call recording without informing the opposite party . Works like a charm .

Sent from my MI MAX 2 using Tapatalk

vidhubhushan

Alakh Niranjan
Mi max 2 user here . Has stock miui dialler not the new Google one . Auto call recording without informing the opposite party . Works like a charm .

so sorry friend but imho suggesting a smartphone launched some 5 years back is not a right thing.

TigerKing

Wise Old Owl
Redmi note 9 pro is the last device with MIUI stock dialer with latest MIUI ROM 12.5 updates.
Confirmed with users of Redmi note 8 pro, and 9 pro
devices released in 2019-2020 may be.

Before buying old device just check again whether it's having latest rom + miui dialer.
It's hard to get new device online which is released in 2018-2020.
But locally you will get any new phone (2018-2020) but no guarantee about price.
Try your luck in village area.

RumbaMon19

Feel Pain.
Instead of old phone, buy a samsung phone.

If you want to consider something else,

Buy a nokia feature phone that supports 4G and use it as hotspot for your smartphone. You will be able to record phone and use net also.

ankushv

Journeyman
I guess I didn't read the op clearly . I wasn't suggesting the mi max 2 just posted my experience with it . My bad . Sorry .

Top Bottom