Samsung UA32EH5000R vs LG 32LS4600

ashutosh_jain

Broken In
I think we cannot challenge the superiority of IPS panel; which along with passive 3D technology give LG a slight edge over Samsung. Its LG 32LS4600 model thus scores over Samsung UA32EH5000R, despite some people's obsession with brand. Read more about IPS panel here: LCD types: TN vs. VA vs. IPS - Feature - TVs - CNET Asia

aroraanant

Explorer
No doubt that technically IPS Panels are better but if you compare the samsung panels then you will find that they deliver better PQ, likewise sony also doesn't have IPS panels but still they are quite good, but they have one issues they doesn't play all video formats so people don't buy it.

randomuser111

Technomancer
^

IPS panels are NOT superior. In fact they are worse as IPS panel TVs have sub par black levels and contrast ratio. You can compare yourself in Croma or other multi brand showrooms

aroraanant

Explorer
As stated by Minion above -

You will find version number on TV packaging box -

If version no is -

AS-01,02 - AMVA panel made by AOU optonics
CH-01,02 - MVA panel panel made by CHE MEI
AH-01,02 - MVA panel made by Sharp
TS or TH-01,02 - S-PVA panel made by Samsung

The last one is the best!

This is how we can check the panels -

1. Without opening the BOX -

We can find the version number and the type of panel corresponding to it:

SS 01, 02, 03, 04 or SQ 01, 02, 03, 04 -> S-PVA from Samsung
CN 01, 02 -> S-MVA from CMO
BN 01, 02, 05, 06, 07 -> S-MVA from CMO
АА 01, 02, 03, 04 or АC 02, 04 -> A-MVA from AUO
AC 02 -> New panel A-MVA3 from AUO

Please tell me now which case is to be considered????
As both of you guys have mentioned different series.

^

IPS panels are NOT superior. In fact they are worse as IPS panel TVs have sub par black levels and contrast ratio. You can compare yourself in Croma or other multi brand showrooms

Bro I already know that but on many websites and so called tech guys say that IPS panels are better but in reality they are not.

pratik385

In the zone
(URGENT)Hey guys m confused between Samsung 32eh5000 and Philips 32pfl6577 DDB Technology side by side comparison Philips colors really pops out and looks impressive sounds is gr8 btw used tatasky hd for cocomparison....pls suggest which is good or any thing else....

OP
bad_till_bones

bad_till_bones

Ðèåd Måñ Wå£KîÑG
(URGENT)Hey guys m confused between Samsung 32eh5000 and Philips 32pfl6577 DDB Technology side by side comparison Philips colors really pops out and looks impressive sounds is gr8 btw used tatasky hd for cocomparison....pls suggest which is good or any thing else....

Don't want to confuse you further! Go for Sony EX330.

But, don't take a chance with Samsung! You never know which panel you will get....

Please tell me now which case is to be considered????
As both of you guys have mentioned different series.

The only thing you can trust on is -

Firstly, you enter the SERVICE menu by switching off the TV; let the main power ON. Now press these buttons in the mentioned sequence - Info > Menu > Mute > Power. Now look for the "Type" line -

It would be something like this - 32A1AF0L

32 — screen size in inches
A — panel manufacturer (A = Samsung; D = CMO; L = AUO; I = CPT)
1 — frequency (6 = 50/60 Hz; 1 = 100/120 Hz; 2 = 200/240 Hz)
U — panel (A = Anti Glare; T = TN; U = Ultra Clear)
F — resolution (F = Full HD; H = HD; U = UD)
0 — 1st, 2nd panel and so on (1st = 0; 2nd = 1 ...)
C — backlight unit (C = CCFL; L = LED; E = Edge LED)

shaurya.malik88

Broken In
The Samsung leadership in mobiles and tablets do not automatically translate into 3D TV technology superiority. You cannot ignore or belittle the wider angle view that 32LS4600 offers. Even tablet manufacturing companies sans Samsung are switching to IPS panel which shows a vote of confidence in the likes of LG. Check out this page: Tablets with the best screens | Android Atlas - CNET Reviews For Indian consumer pricing is a big factor and who wants to pay more for a same feature TV irrespective of the brand name.

LGWRSherlock

LG Expert
^

I would have to argue that it depends entirely on preferences. Allow me to explain. For the most part, yes, VA panels have better black levels and such; however, IPS panels definitely have the edge on color accuracy. It is true that most people will look at black levels and contrast ratios as the "most" important component of what determines picture quality, but due to this, they tend to forget that color accuracy is very important as well. I believe the reason for this is because it's easier to see differences in luminosity as opposed to seeing minute differences in color. But if you were to compare the a VA panel and IPS panel side by side after they've both been professionally calibrated, then I suspect that many people may have second thoughts about which they believe to have superior picture quality.

Also, keep in mind that even if two companies use the same VA panel, the image processors will be different -- and how well the image processing is done will also affect the picture quality a great deal.

LG WRman Sherlock, out!

aroraanant

Explorer
The only thing you can trust on is -

Firstly, you enter the SERVICE menu by switching off the TV; let the main power ON. Now press these buttons in the mentioned sequence - Info > Menu > Mute > Power. Now look for the "Type" line -

It would be something like this - 32A1AF0L

32 — screen size in inches
A — panel manufacturer (A = Samsung; D = CMO; L = AUO; I = CPT)
1 — frequency (6 = 50/60 Hz; 1 = 100/120 Hz; 2 = 200/240 Hz)
U — panel (A = Anti Glare; T = TN; U = Ultra Clear)
F — resolution (F = Full HD; H = HD; U = UD)
0 — 1st, 2nd panel and so on (1st = 0; 2nd = 1 ...)
C — backlight unit (C = CCFL; L = LED; E = Edge LED)
But for that we have to open the box, I want to confirm the same but without opening the box.

Also, keep in mind that even if two companies use the same VA panel, the image processors will be different -- and how well the image processing is done will also affect the picture quality a great deal.
This is the truth, but many people are unaware of it.

randomuser111

Technomancer
I would have to argue that it depends entirely on preferences. Allow me to explain. For the most part, yes, VA panels have better black levels and such; however, IPS panels definitely have the edge on color accuracy. It is true that most people will look at black levels and contrast ratios as the "most" important component of what determines picture quality, but due to this, they tend to forget that color accuracy is very important as well. I believe the reason for this is because it's easier to see differences in luminosity as opposed to seeing minute differences in color. But if you were to compare the a VA panel and IPS panel side by side after they've both been professionally calibrated, then I suspect that many people may have second thoughts about which they believe to have superior picture quality.

LG WRman Sherlock, out!

Well I am only talking about TVs and 2012 TVs at that. I think anybody can to Croma and other multi brand outlets and see for themselves who has better PQ. I have nothing against LG, but I've demoed the entire 2012 LG lineup and none impressed me with 2D PQ. All the models have poor black levels which really takes away the depth from the picture.

And color accuracy superiority doesn't hold true for TVs. There are public info on color accuracy from all review sites and it's VA panel sets that sit on top not IPS panel TVs (be it LG or Panasonic or any other manufacturer that use IPS panels)

Hope the 2013 lineup will be better.

@aroraanant

You cannot find panel type without opening the box. Going to service menu is the ONLY option.

LGWRSherlock

LG Expert
Well I am only talking about TVs and 2012 TVs at that. I think anybody can to Croma and other multi brand outlets and see for themselves who has better PQ. I have nothing against LG, but I've demoed the entire 2012 LG lineup and none impressed me with 2D PQ. All the models have poor black levels which really takes away the depth from the picture.

And color accuracy superiority doesn't hold true for TVs. There are public info on color accuracy from all review sites and it's VA panel sets that sit on top not IPS panel TVs (be it LG or Panasonic or any other manufacturer that use IPS panels)

Hope the 2013 lineup will be better.

@aroraanant

You cannot find panel type without opening the box. Going to service menu is the ONLY option.

Well, all I can say to that is that I'm sorry that the current line up of LG TVs disappoints you! However, I would have to argue that reviews are very subjective. For example, take a look at this review by CNET Asia. According to this review, the blacks are very inky and the color reproduction is excellent -- what more could you want from a TV? On the other hand, I do agree that I have also seen reviews that seem to think LG TVs are sub-par. So if you have seen the TVs yourself, and you are unimpressed, I hope next year's line up will be better for you! Hold out for the LG OLED TV!

I do want to reiterate, however, that while blacks are very important, they are not THE most important factor. Because if blacks were that important, everyone would just be buying plasma TVs, and no one would even look at LED TVs!

LG WRman Sherlock, out!

randomuser111

Technomancer
My disappointment is also down to the fact that LG is capable of producing some top notch sets like it did with the LEX8, LHX9500 etc. Those were excellent sets and perhaps amongst the best Televisions ever made :)

Sadly nothing in this year's line up comes close to such awesome TVs.

LGWRSherlock

LG Expert
My disappointment is also down to the fact that LG is capable of producing some top notch sets like it did with the LEX8, LHX9500 etc. Those were excellent sets and perhaps amongst the best Televisions ever made :)

Sadly nothing in this year's line up comes close to such awesome TVs.

How about the new 84LM9600 that recently launched in India? I dare say it's pretty awesome! LG 84LM9600 ULTRA HIGH DEFINITION CINEMA 3D SMART TV - World

LG WRman Sherlock, out!

Top Bottom