Samsung i450-My Review Let the music play

Status
Not open for further replies.

rohan_mhtr

Most wanted
SAMSUNG I450 My Review

Its been more then two weeks since i have purchased this cell , and to tell you the truth , it has been a good experience .

Looking in the world’s reality, we don’t see people shooting pictures all day long with their handsets – instead, all but headphones connected with their devices on the move regardless of their phone models. This is why I stress more for the phone to be a good music player then the camera .
At around 10k this is the best all round phone available but can it deliver on its music department as advertised ? lets see .

*img410.imageshack.us/img410/1276/sideviewm.th.jpg

1: LOOKS AND DESIGN
Of all the phones that i have used the Samsung I450 has the best looks .( i have earlier used motorola l7 , sony k750 , w810 and nokia n91 )
Even if it is made up of hard plastic it looks even better then my previous metallic n91 .The shinny white colour looks really cool and is really eye-catching. Many people have complained that the phone is a little big but actually using it , it fits perfectly in my jeans and also is comfortable in hands
If anyone of you have seen n81 then comparing to it it slightly smaller and lighter which is a good thing .
This is the front side with a large round 8 way navigation key .
*img243.imageshack.us/img243/6824/frontaak.th.jpg

The left side has a micro sd slot and a volume rocker . In all samsung phones the volume rocker is on the left side , if it is on right side it helps in zooming the camera in landscape mode but thats not a big issue .
*img514.imageshack.us/img514/2909/left.th.jpg

The right side has a cammera button and a usb 2.0 port for faster data transfer , which is also used for charging .
*img147.imageshack.us/img147/1535/right.th.jpg

The back portion sports a 2 mp camera with a led flash .
*img147.imageshack.us/img147/5272/backaau.th.jpg

Keapad is also very good and buttons are easy to press
*img145.imageshack.us/img145/3263/keapsd.th.jpg

It has 2.4 inch display which is typical samsung , brilliant and crisp
*img145.imageshack.us/img145/9682/displayg.th.jpg

2: SYMBIAN S60

The samsung i450 works on symbian s60 v3 platform and does a good job . I dont know which cpu is used but it has 64 mb ram and on startup about 17-20 ram is free . Considering it is a s60 device it hardly lags and interference is super fast . I have filled more then 3 gb of data but still it never lags neither hangs .

Menu is a typical s60

*img223.imageshack.us/img223/5202/menudla.th.jpg

3: MUSIC AND PERFORMANCE

I plugged my i450 to my pc and used Windows Media Sync Option. With Windows Media Version 11, I transferred some songs which I frequently listen . Synching music with Windows media player 11 is simple and straightforward. It took abot 3.5-4 minutes to transfer 1gb of data
.If you slide the phone down , the music player automatically starts .

*img527.imageshack.us/img527/1093/musicplayer.th.jpg
*img402.imageshack.us/img402/303/albumart.th.jpg
.The blue semicircle which you see is actually a scroll whell and is fun to use but needs a little preassure .
Music files are arranged in various catogories as follows .
*img524.imageshack.us/img524/2169/musicw.th.jpg

Even rocks when connected to my sony 5.1 hi-fi system. The music rendition is almost perfect and the combination of the instruments used in a particular song is decoded, reproduced, separated and delivered harmonically. There are 15 equiliser settings and for me bass and trebble is the favourite setting followed by 3d dynamic .Unfortunately you cannot custom create your own setting but since it is a s60 device there are many good 3rd party music players available .

It has a 3mm headphone jack and i connected it to my Ep-630 but i was surprissed that the volume level was very low compared to the stock headphones that have a usb jack . First i thaught that the 3.5 mm jack was not deleviring enough power but after much research i found out that 3.5mm jack is not the problem , actually the phones hardware is such that you must use headphones with high SPL ( sensitivity ) rating with it .
I got myself new ipod headphones and it gave a little relief but even then samsung should have mentioned this earlier which could have saved me some bucks . If proper headphones are used then the sound quality is better then ipod shuffle and sometimes even the itouch .

Below are my Ep630 and apple headphones .
*img402.imageshack.us/img402/3607/headphones.th.jpg

3. MESSAGING, ORGANIZING, AND PHONE OPERATION, CONNECTIVITY, GAMING etc

Sending sms is same as in other n-series phones . Boot time takes approximately less than 12 seconds .Calendars, themes, phone management etc, etc are approximately and closely the same with other NSeries . Gprs is nice and fast and the inbuilt samsung browser is great , the browser also has a 3d effect as in vista where you can see multiple page in 3d .It lacks wifi which might annoy some people .
Signal reception and call clearity is good , call clearity is good and so loud that the person besides you can hear the conversation even without loudspeaker . This might be annoying if you want to have a private talk .
A few latest games like aspholt 3 3d , fifa09 , prince hd , assasins creed hd run fine .

*img207.imageshack.us/img207/9208/gamesb.th.jpg

4. IMAGING/VIDEO AND BATTERY LIFE

I450 captures good images provided the lighting conditions are good . It has a led flash but it is good only in a short range . One major problem that i have noticed even in high samsung models like ultra touch and innova8 is that of motion blur other wise the cammera is really good in 2mp range
*img207.imageshack.us/img207/2379/cameraa.th.jpg

This photo is taken in average indoor lighting . This is my alcoholic dog !! lol .
*img261.imageshack.us/img261/1577/dogo.th.jpg

5: CONCLUSION

At around 10k it is the best smartphone available even better then nokia 5320 . S60 features are good and the interference is fast enough .
One problem that bothers me is that of headphones compatibility . Yes it has a very good sound quality and yes it can replace your mp3 player provided you buy good headphones which supports the handset . It is like you buy a mercedes , you get all the comfort and pleasure of driving it
but if you want to drive it above 80km/hrs then you would have to buy a specific sets of expensive tyres which are hard to find .
If you have any problem regarding this cell or symbian s60 platform then feel free to ark .

Last edited:
OP
rohan_mhtr

rohan_mhtr

Most wanted
^^ thanx
Anyway there is something wrong with do forum and i wansnt able to post it anywhere else . I cant even create a thread in bazaar section since i want to sell it .

it_waaznt_me

Coming back to life ..
I'm sure you mean interface when you say interference. And its conclusion not conclution.

I liked the phone but miss the Pen button (standard on N series phones) which enables to select multiple item / text in this phone. And as it has got moving parts (double slide), I am not sure about how long it can last (my N73 hasnt developed any problems yet even after 1.5 years of rugged use).

[Edit]Btw :Nice review.

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
I liked the phone but miss the Pen button (standard on N series phones) which enables to select multiple item / text in this phone. And as it has got moving parts (double slide), I am not sure about how long it can last (my N73 hasnt developed any problems yet even after 1.5 years of rugged use).
In newer Symbian S60 phones the '#' button works as the Edit key and trust me, it works well.

Also it is a Samsung so build quality won't be a problem.

it_waaznt_me

Coming back to life ..
In newer Symbian S60 phones the '#' button works as the Edit key and trust me, it works well.

Also it is a Samsung so build quality won't be a problem.

Wow .. Didnt realise it ... But the key placement isnt as comfortable as it used to be. As the Pen button was on left side of keypad, you could use your left hand to press it and use your right hand to make selection and all.

Not a problem for a left hander like me .. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom