Samsung galaxy s5 lte buying?

Hello,
to all of you.
Actually I want to buy Samsung Galaxy S5 LTE version, I have searched this handset on some Online stores but I didn't found this, its only available on SamsungIndiaestore, Can someone tell Why its not available on Online Stores? Reply.
Thank you.
Regards,
GEEKCOMPUTER_GEEK

$hadow

Geek in making
Samsung didn't roll it out to the online manufacturers. I think it is available in Nehru P. Delhi at a local retailer didn't remember the name

swiftshashi

Beta Geek ;-)
It isn't available online, but I got one for my friend last night from Ranchi Samsung SmartCaffe for Rs.37000.
But I must warn you for some noticeable differences between Octa(3G version,which I own) and 4G(Snapdragon Version)
1. Audio quality(headset) from Snapdragon 4G version felt a bit too flat.
2.The phone heats up in the Snapdragon version and battery backup is noticeably poor.

If you need a 4G device, better go for LG G3.....Its way classier

ankush28

Bazinga
It isn't available online, but I got one for my friend last night from Ranchi Samsung SmartCaffe for Rs.37000.
But I must warn you for some noticeable differences between Octa(3G version,which I own) and 4G(Snapdragon Version)
1. Audio quality(headset) from Snapdragon 4G version felt a bit too flat.
2.The phone heats up in the Snapdragon version and battery backup is noticeably poor.

If you need a 4G device, better go for LG G3.....Its way classier

Its not good in Exynos version either! Get HTC One M8/E8

$hadow

Geek in making
Buy z2 instead and also it is going to see a good price cut in the future due to z3 launch

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Can someone tell Why its not available on Online Stores? Reply.
Thank you.
Regards,
GEEKCOMPUTER_GEEK
I don't understand that either! If you do get a link do post here.

And all other, the OP I don't think have asked for a suggestion! So I don't think there's a point in suggesting some ceramic units :lol:

satinder

DELHIITE
Sony, Samsung and Canon ban stores from selling items via e-commerce sites

Sony, Samsung, Panasonic and other top electronics brands are trying to crack down on brick-and-mortar stores selling their products online, threatening to cut off supplies or penalise them financially as they look to curb the practice of 'predatory' discounts.

Lenovo and Canon, along with the three named above, have issued trade advisories banning stores from selling cellphones and other items made by them online directly or indirectly via e-commerce companies.

Read more at;
Sony, Samsung and Canon ban stores from selling items via e-commerce sites - Economic Times

OP
G

GEEKCOMPUTER_GEEK

In the zone
Hello,
to all of you.
Thank you all for valuable suggestions, I have some questions:

1. Is LTE version of the Samsung Galaxy S5 also available in Exynos variant?, I think its only available in Snapdragon variant.
2. As swiftshashi told he bought the S5 for Rs.37000, I want to ask him Was it 4G LTE version?, because on Samsung Online store its selling for Rs.46000+.
3. Is it wise to wait for Note 4(I can wait) or Should I go for mobile now?

Hope to see replies soon.
Thank You.
GEEKCOMPUTER_GEEK

AbhMkh

Ambassador of Buzz
Its not good in Exynos version either! Get HTC One M8/E8

Really ? ! , any evidence to prove that ?. I own the Exynos version and the battery life is EXCELLENT !

Here is a comparison of the popular handsets based on the GFX battery life benchmark

Battery_test.jpg

As you can see, contrary to what you said, both Exynos/Snapdragon version of S5 performed better than the M8 under heavy load

- - - Updated - - -

Hello,
to all of you.

1. Is LTE version of the Samsung Galaxy S5 also available in Exynos variant?, I think its only available in Snapdragon variant.
2. As swiftshashi told he bought the S5 for Rs.37000, I want to ask him Was it 4G LTE version?, because on Samsung Online store its selling for Rs.46000+.

Thank You.
GEEKCOMPUTER_GEEK

I bought the Exynos version a month ago and here is my review of the device

*www.digit.in/forum/mobiles-tablets/186865-samsung-galaxy-s5-exynos-octa-core-review.html

Currently, you can get the Exynos variant for around 35-36K and the SD variant would be more expensive.You can wait for the Note 4 but it will be more expensive (around 50-55 K ) and yes it is better than the S5

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
Sony, Samsung and Canon ban stores from selling items via e-commerce sites

Sony, Samsung, Panasonic and other top electronics brands are trying to crack down on brick-and-mortar stores selling their products online, threatening to cut off supplies or penalise them financially as they look to curb the practice of 'predatory' discounts.

Lenovo and Canon, along with the three named above, have issued trade advisories banning stores from selling cellphones and other items made by them online directly or indirectly via e-commerce companies.

Read more at;
Sony, Samsung and Canon ban stores from selling items via e-commerce sites - Economic Times

yeah because they want to loot us whereas flipkart etc have it wayy cheaper
i bought my 1200D for 34k locally while canon charges 42k for it

- - - Updated - - -

@ op get LG G3 its an awesome phone!! the best android phone ever

ankush28

Bazinga
Really ? ! , any evidence to prove that ?. I own the Exynos version and the battery life is EXCELLENT !

Here is a comparison of the popular handsets based on the GFX battery life benchmark

View attachment 14784

Hail even moto g is better than those flagships in battery(according to that benchmark). I usually get 1.5 day off single charge.

vaibhavs800

Journeyman
Hey op I have galaxy s5 4g
Been using since 3 weeks. Best display ever, screen on time of > 6hours, cool back, cam and waterproofing. If you want the device get it. Note 4 is going to be a lot more expensive and looses usb 3.0 and waterproofing and its not a certainty that 4g version will be available here. M8 cheats subtly in benchmarks else s5 is surely faster than it and g3 has regressed in battery and performance compared to g2 due to its display but surely the best looking device out there imo. Every device has its pros and cons.

S5 4g is easily available in Delhi for 37-38k locally.

swiftshashi

Beta Geek ;-)
Hello,
to all of you.

Thank You.
GEEKCOMPUTER_GEEK

Bro, I personally own a Non LTE Exynos powered S5....My friend bought that LTE version for 37k from a local samsung smartphone cafe

- - - Updated - - -

View attachment 14784

As you can see, contrary to what you said, both Exynos/Snapdragon version of S5 performed better than the M8 under heavy load

I bought the Exynos version a month ago and here is my review of the device

*www.digit.in/forum/mobiles-tablets/186865-samsung-galaxy-s5-exynos-octa-core-review.html

Currently, you can get the Exynos variant for around 35-36K and the SD variant would be more expensive.You can wait for the Note 4 but it will be more expensive (around 50-55 K ) and yes it is better than the S5

I agree. My exynos S5 surprises me often. My previous phone was a Galaxy S3 which I had to charge twice a day, according to my usage. My S5 easily lasts a day and beyond.
My S3 lasted for 12hrs max on full charge, while my GS5(Exynos) lasts about 30-32hrs easily. On the other hand, my friend's Snapdragon S5 gives a battery backup of 20-22 hrs a day max, and that too when his mobile data is on 2g and switched off most of the time. For the record, I always keep data and sync on, and on 3g mode, with that kind of usage, I guess 30hrs backup is outstanding.

Last edited:
Top Bottom