Samsung Galaxy s3 Or Samsung Note 2

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Yes, when I go outside and in need of sending a SMS or little browsing, then, yes, I do wish that it was smaller. But when I come back at home and sit back on my couch and browse through it, then I wish it was a little bigger, lol.
The thing you have to give up on something to get something additional. Note 2 is superior than S3, and that's it, BUT it's 0.8" bigger than S3 and if that troubles you, then you shouldn't go for it.
And are you taking about the Official case, because that's the only case I know which replaces the back cover? Just fyi, that case is a show off, nothing for protection.

OP
H

him406

Broken In
Yes, when I go outside and in need of sending a SMS or little browsing, then, yes, I do wish that it was smaller. But when I come back at home and sit back on my couch and browse through it, then I wish it was a little bigger, lol.
The thing you have to give up on something to get something additional. Note 2 is superior than S3, and that's it, BUT it's 0.8" bigger than S3 and if that troubles you, then you shouldn't go for it.
And are you taking about the Official case, because that's the only case I know which replaces the back cover? Just fyi, that case is a show off, nothing for protection.

then which is the best case for Note2 in terms of protection wise?

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Dude get a phone with better screen. I was not too much impressed with the screen and color reproduction.

rider

as Kratos
Note 2 is definitely a better choice because of it has better processor, RAM, battery and many other features.
For size I don't think it is much bigger than GS3. It can be accessible with one hand as samsung has provided one handed on-screen keyboard. In the end take a demo and buy whatever suits you.

ithehappy

Human Spambot
then which is the best case for Note2 in terms of protection wise?
I don't know pal, I won't use one, that's why I didn't need to look for one.
You could see XDA Accessories section of Note 2, they have covered pretty much every case there.
On my S2, I used the Case Mate Tough, and I wonder if any tougher one is available. So if CM Tough is there for Note 2, get it eyes closed.

@Faun: Which screen do you think is the best? I'm too done with this over saturated AMOLED! I like the iPhone 5 display, but that Black level is still keeping me with OLED.
Haven't seen the 920 in person though.

dixit8611

Journeyman
@ithehappy Hope samsung's super AMOLED will produce more natural looking display in future.

Use the settings "natural" under screen mode and the screen is comparable to IPS display in terms of color saturation with the awesome deep blacks, but i personally like the saturated screen. I like the colors popping out of my display and i will never ever like the so called natural look.

OP
H

him406

Broken In
Use the settings "natural" under screen mode and the screen is comparable to IPS display in terms of color saturation with the awesome deep blacks, but i personally like the saturated screen. I like the colors popping out of my display and i will never ever like the so called natural look.

+1

I knew this from Geekyranjit's video :)

@All Note2 owners please suggest a good slim case for Note2.
I am planning to buy the official samsung one

NoasArcAngel

Wise Old Owl
there are 2 versions of galaxy s3, one ships with 1gb of ram + quadcore exynos and the other ships with 2gb ram + dual core exynos.

the 1gb + exynos quadcore is the international version.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
@Faun: Which screen do you think is the best? I'm too done with this over saturated AMOLED! I like the iPhone 5 display, but that Black level is still keeping me with OLED.
Haven't seen the 920 in person though.

IPS looks good to me. Don't like the oversaturated AMOLED look and in natural color too it's not near to IPS.

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Course it's not. I'm using the Natural mode always. No idea how some people could even stare at the screen with modes like Dynamic and all!
Damn Apple's counter intuitive mentality, still can't give my money to them :mad:

OP
H

him406

Broken In
Not really,but it is the ultimate protection for a mobile phone,though it adds a bit of bulk.

YEah I saw in the video...It's really protective

@rock are you finding the mobile too big to handle.. like putting in jeans pocket.. and going out and taking out from the jeans?

I got this on mobilefun. IS it a credible website?

*in.mobilefun.com/36961-otterbox-defender-series-for-samsung-galaxy-note-2---glacier.htm

OP
H

him406

Broken In
Finally bought Samsung Galaxy note2.
Had screen guard on and bought the official samsung cover for now.
Phone is awesome.. currently finding it a bit big but i think with time it will adjust.
Screen is just wow.Watching videos is just amaziing
Having some problems with the S-pen though.
I read XDA developer and found that hitting the side on a hard surface with get away the problem of hovering lines while writing..
It has solved the problem up to 95 percent
But Should I ask the showroom to change it?

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Mind elaborating this? I have no clue.
I read XDA developer and found that hitting the side on a hard surface with get away the problem of hovering lines while writing..
It has solved the problem up to 95 percent
But Should I ask the showroom to change it?

OP
H

him406

Broken In
^^ for how much did you bought? :D

36.5 for mobile, official cover +screen guard

Mind elaborating this? I have no clue.
S-pen was too sensitive for writing on the spad... there were so many lines unintended.
Went to xda ddeveloper and saw that was a common issue.. hitting the pen on a soldi surface sideways removed 95 percent of the defect.
went to the showroom .. they said go to the customer care.
went there.. they checked and said we will give you a new S-pen.. so I will get one on 13th.. until I am using mine old on only.
That's a good thing with branded companies that atleast they listen to probs post sale...
I was alos planning ot buy MMX a110... god knows what would have happen If i get something defected in that case

Top Bottom