Samsung Galaxy S or Desire S

Rohan_B

Journeyman
Hi guys!
Looking for an Android Phone(my first). Budget is Rs 22000 max.
I have considered Galaxy S and HTC Desire S. Both are available for around 22K on Flipkart. So please tell me which should I get??
Also I don't have any problems with the screen size of both as 3.7" will be fine for me too. Please reply guys. Thanks!

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
If I was in your place, I would get myself a Desire S... just because of the looks. Also, Desire S has a slight edge over Galaxy S when it comes to specs and out-of-box experience...

OP
Rohan_B

Rohan_B

Journeyman
If I was in your place, I would get myself a Desire S... just because of the looks. Also, Desire S has a slight edge over Galaxy S when it comes to specs and out-of-box experience...

Hey. Is there any major battery issues with the Desire S?? Also is thier a lot of diffrence between the Super Amoled screen of Galaxy S and the SLCD of Deaire S??

sygeek

Technomancer
Extend your budget by 1k and get Incredible S for just 23k, online on letsbuy with coupon code - ICICILB.

Incredible S is BETTER than Desire S/Galaxy S. BUY IT, period.

Last edited:

Terabyte

In the zone
Incredible S is WAY BETTER than Desire S
Err, both the phones have same specs except the bigger screen and better camera in Incredible S.
How does this make Incredible S "WAY" better than Desire S is really interesting :|

@OP : Desire S is better than Galaxy S, so go for it.

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
Extend your budget by 1k and get Incredible S for just 23k, online on letsbuy with coupon code - ICICILB.

Incredible S is WAY BETTER than Desire S/Galaxy S. BUY IT, period.

^^^ +1000 to Incredible S...

sygeek

Technomancer
Err, both the phones have same specs except the bigger screen and better camera in Incredible S.
How does this make Incredible S "WAY" better than Desire S is really interesting :|

@OP : Desire S is better than Galaxy S, so go for it.
never practically meant it. it's a no-brainer to go for D:S over I:S for a little price increase, at least when the budget supports it..anyway, there you go, fixed.

Last edited:
OP
Rohan_B

Rohan_B

Journeyman

Incredible S is WAY BETTER than Desire S/Galaxy S. BUY IT, period.

I have'nt used an Incredible S in person But From The Photos I saw doesnt the back look and feel Wierd? Just Asking.

sygeek

Technomancer
I have'nt used an Incredible S in person But From The Photos I saw doesnt the back look and feel Wierd? Just Asking.
Not really, at least not for me. You might as well want to try it in a store.

OP
Rohan_B

Rohan_B

Journeyman
And what about the HTC Desire? Is their really any major difference between the Desire and Desire S?
If not then I might get the Desire and save a bunch of money!! :D :D

Terabyte

In the zone
^With Desire S you get more RAM, better camera, front-camera, slightly better battery, better processor and better graphics as well and not to forget the aluminium uni-body and looks of Desire S.
Along with that in Desire S you get Gingerbread(Android 2.3) out of the box.

OP
Rohan_B

Rohan_B

Journeyman
^With Desire S you get more RAM, better camera, front-camera, slightly better battery, better processor and better graphics as well and not to forget the aluminium uni-body and looks of Desire S.
Along with that in Desire S you get Gingerbread(Android 2.3) out of the box.

See I am not much of a power user. I will play games like Angry Birds on the Phone and use it for Web Browsing along with basic things like Texting and Calling. I won't be multitasking alot. In your opinion which one should I get. Also I don't use my phone camera very often.
Is there any big difference between the performance of Desire and S??
Which one will be better for me??

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
See I am not much of a power user. I will play games like Angry Birds on the Phone and use it for Web Browsing along with basic things like Texting and Calling. I won't be multitasking alot. In your opinion which one should I get. Also I don't use my phone camera very often.
Is there any big difference between the performance of Desire and S??
Which one will be better for me??

I have an LG Optimus One... Great phone for casual users... I am very happy with it... You might want to think about it... Its 8.5k on Letsbuy after coupon RCOMLB1...

Then also you can choose Motorola Defy which I very highly recommend... Comparable to the Original HTC Desire... very rough and tough... completely waterproof phone... Available for around 14k...

OP
Rohan_B

Rohan_B

Journeyman
I have an LG Optimus One... Great phone for casual users... I am very happy with it... You might want to think about it... Its 8.5k on Letsbuy after coupon RCOMLB1...

Then also you can choose Motorola Defy which I very highly recommend... Comparable to the Original HTC Desire... very rough and tough... completely waterproof phone... Available for around 14k...

My brother has an LG Optimus One and I love it too :D! But I think that screen size will be small for me. Also does Angry Birds run fine on that phone?

And hardware wise does the Defy beat the Desire? I am not that rough a user that I would need a Water Proof phone!! :p :p

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
My brother has an LG Optimus One and I love it too :D! But I think that screen size will be small for me. Also does Angry Birds run fine on that phone?

And hardware wise does the Defy beat the Desire? I am not that rough a user that I would need a Water Proof phone!! :p :p

We have a very large community on ThinkDigit forum who use Defy... excellent phone... great screen resolution, 3.7" screen size, good processor... you will definitely love it... Go for Defy... ;)

Please see this review... -- Motorola Defy Review, water, scratch test, dust proof - YouTube

Cheers!

OP
Rohan_B

Rohan_B

Journeyman
We have a very large community on ThinkDigit forum who use Defy... excellent phone... great screen resolution, 3.7" screen size, good processor... you will definitely love it... Go for Defy... ;)

Please see this review... -- Motorola Defy Review, water, scratch test, dust proof - YouTube

Cheers!

I have heard that the Defy Plus and the successor of LG Optimus One are going to be released very soon. Should I wait then?? Also will the Xperia Ray be priced in this Price Range???
Also is the skin of the Defy changeable coz I didn't like it all that much..

Terabyte

In the zone
Yup Motorola Defy should be great for you if you don't want to spend more ;)
Don't wait for Defy+, it is likely to cost more and release date is unknown as of now.

OP
Rohan_B

Rohan_B

Journeyman
Yup Motorola Defy should be great for you if you don't want to spend more ;)
Don't wait for Defy+, it is likely to cost more and release date is unknown as of now.
But what about the Xperia Ray and the LG Optimus One Succesor??

Check This Out-
LG's Android and Windows Phone 7 lineup for the second half of 2011 leaked? | PhoneDog

Do you think I Should Wait?

Terabyte

In the zone
But what about the Xperia Ray and the LG Optimus One Succesor??
Ray is "expected" to release in August according to gsmarena.
The O1 successor has just overclocked processor so forget it.

The specs of Ray are good but I expect it to be priced 19-20k to compete with Nexus S and Optimus Black.
Also the screen size is small and you want a bigger screen then why are you considering Ray :?

Actually waiting game never ends, new models will keep on coming and prices of older models will keep on falling ;)
If you are fine with 3.3" screen of Ray then waiting for Ray is sensible.

OP
Rohan_B

Rohan_B

Journeyman
Ray is "expected" to release in August according to gsmarena.
The O1 successor has just overclocked processor so forget it.

The specs of Ray are good but I expect it to be priced 19-20k to compete with Nexus S and Optimus Black.
Also the screen size is small and you want a bigger screen then why are you considering Ray :?

Actually waiting game never ends, new models will keep on coming and prices of older models will keep on falling ;)
If you are fine with 3.3" screen of Ray then waiting for Ray is sensible.
But the Ray is Sexy. Isn't it?? ;)
Well I was waiting for a week anyway so let's see if Ray is as good as I hope. :D
But do you think there will be a big difference between the performance of Defy and the Ray??