• Samsung Galaxy 3

Votes: 11 16.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hrithan2020

In the zone
@Aditya11,
So basically ,the things Galaxy 3 sucks at is not important to you, right ? ;)
And, you proclaim that it should not be important to others.
Yeah, right..ROFL!!

tejaslok

Journeyman
@naino
did u buy the phone >? congrats man.how much did u pay for it !

do some benchmarks and a review(hands-on) and post it here :)

@Aditya11,
So basically ,the things Galaxy 3 sucks at is not important to you, right ? ;)
And, you proclaim that it should not be important to others.
Yeah, right..ROFL!!

still comparing b/w two phones which has a 1 k difference is worthless,
we asked to post the pro's and con's of each phone(as in 1/2 page) so the user's who are planning to buy it can come to a conclusion. instead of that if the phone 1 lacks something then its not a problem but state it here so i or all can choose a damn phone !

im not saying that the owner shouldnt give up on their phone but there has to be a limit for it, or else move this thread to fight\flame club and carry over there

:idea:

Last edited:

Hrithan2020

In the zone
@naino
still comparing b/w two phones which has a 1 k difference is worthless,
we asked to post the pro's and con's of each phone(as in 1/2 page) so the user's who are planning to buy it can come to a conclusion. instead of that if the phone 1 lacks something then its not a problem but state it here so i or all can choose a damn phone !

im not saying that the owner shouldnt give up on their phone but there has to be a limit for it, or else move this thread to fight\flame club and carry over there

:idea:

Notice that I didn't mention anything about comparison. But, I do feel that when I am buying a phone, whether the budget be 12k or 20k , my requirements would basically remain the same (of course with some compromises).. It is rather pretentious to assume that, noone wants VGA recording in this range, and that it is useless and low-res, just because it is his opinion, he s (I prefer, recording in VGA, coz, it is a good balance between quality and size it occupies in disk).

Anyway, you get my point, but I doubt, the person I intended to will ;)
We'll probably get to see even more rambling from the guy..Let's see ..

noobdroid

Broken In
@naino
dude you bought the phone .. Congratsss!!!!!

please post in your unbiased reviews please .. m still waiting to get mine...

niraj87

Broken In
@ Aditya

How many ppl own a digicam? The difference between the video recording qualities of the O1 (& GT540) and G3 is very very remarkable. At this price range, u can do with this much of quality, coz no other Android phone gives u this at the price. The quality doesnt only depend upon the no. of fps, but also the rec. resolution and the color reproduction, to name a few of the factors. Nokia 5800's 30fps sucks compared to the 17fps of the LG GT540 n the G3's rec sucks compared to even the old SE K530i of mine, which itself sucked, tho it had a great photo capture at 2mp ! This is not my opinion, but a fact with video proofs, that I posted recently.

Also, there is something that u prefer n something that others do. If, in the end everything was based upon personal preference, then none of the benchmarks, specifications, expert reviews, etc. wud be important at all. Similarly, I wud say that I'm satisfied with the 170mb of RAM (for example) in my GT540, n the G3 doesnt have anything better than my phone except the capacitive screen ! More points can be made, but I guess u must now be able to understand others' preferences, too.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
and finally!!!

LG commits to upgrading Optimus Ones to Gingerbread, angry hordes abate -- Engadget
Great news that. I'm thinking of buying Optimus One. It just seems a more rounded and slightly better fone than Galaxy 3 to me.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Great news that. I'm thinking of buying Optimus One. It just seems a more rounded and slightly better fone than Galaxy 3 to me.

yes. Better display and 512MB of RAM, Froyo, in-line for Gingerbread makes it a better phone than G3.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
^^ a off-topic question (wanted PM you but now other members too can reply):

whats difference between a processor (ARM 11) & a SOC? cause AFAIK, the snapdragon processor (as we say) or the Samsung hummingbird or TI OMAP are all SOC or chipsets, using a ARM licensed processor with some GPU or 2D-3D accelerator with their own modem & other video outs thrown in.

also the processors used (ARM based) are they manufactured by ARM or the architecture licensed by ARM & the customers (TI, Qualcomm) make it themselves? cause in the Nokia handsets they say its based on ARM11 processor directly.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
whats difference between a processor (ARM 11) & a SOC? cause AFAIK, the snapdragon processor (as we say) or the Samsung hummingbird or TI OMAP are all SOC or chipsets, using a ARM licensed processor with some GPU or 2D-3D accelerator with their own modem & other video outs thrown in.
You pretty much answered yourself. :p ARM 11 is just the processor. SoC is like having multiple things along with the processor in a single chip itself.

also the processors used (ARM based) are they manufactured by ARM or the architecture licensed by ARM & the customers (TI, Qualcomm) make it themselves? cause in the Nokia handsets they say its based on ARM11 processor directly.
ARM doesn't make any processor. They only design the architecture and license it. Companies like Qualcomm make the chips.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
You pretty much answered yourself. :p ARM 11 is just the processor. SoC is like having multiple things along with the processor in a single chip itself.

well yes. 1st confusion cleared by myself :smile:

ARM doesn't make any processor. They only design the architecture and license it. Companies like Qualcomm make the chips.

but looking at this (taken from GSMArena, Nokia 5230):

CPU ARM 11 434 MHz processor

this was making me confused. i know ARM itself doesn't make the processors but here its written directly ARM !! without any other name. any explanation for this? or Nokia makes SOC for its own smartphones?

noja

Bang! Bang!
Huawei mobiles are coming to india this month and will have the cheapest android phone for 10k

Edit: Their cheapest

Last edited:

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
^^ Ideos X5 & X6? or Ideos U8150? the mobiles are good but the battery life surely going to be a matter of laugh.

AFAIK, Spice will sell some Huawei mobiles under its own brand. also the price will definitely not be above 12k.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom