samsung DVD drive prob.

Status
Not open for further replies.

blackleopard92

In the zone
I had my system assembled recently.

The DVD drive SH-D162C was giving 0.48x speed in nero test.
I found that DMA wasn't enabled.It was runnig In PIO.
i tried to enable it but it was futile.
i tried deleting respective DMA controller but it didn' t work.
I checked BIOS but nothing was Disabled.

The strange thing was that when i configured as secondary to my
CD Drive, my Drive was also slowed to 6.25x!!!also DMA was disabled to. :shock:

But When I configured it as Secondary master, the CD drive worked fine!

The end result is that CD drive is faster than DVD!!! :cry:

Somebody please help.!!

yogee_bee

Right off the assembly line
Hardware Help (Samsung (writemaster) DVD/CD Writer

I also have a strange problem with my Samsung make DVD/CD Writer. Its a combo drive. It can read DVDs (any - Data or Movie) but when it comes to CDs, it reads/detects only installer CDs. It refuses to detect any data, audio or a video CD.

Points to note:
Its not the auto-play problem. I have checked it.
I have tried changing the data cable. Doesnt help.

Can anyone help ???

desertwind

Cyborg Agent
Re: Hardware Help (Samsung (writemaster) DVD/CD Writer

yogee_bee said:
I also have a strange problem with my Samsung make DVD/CD Writer. Its a combo drive. It can read DVDs (any - Data or Movie) but when it comes to CDs, it reads/detects only installer CDs. It refuses to detect any data, audio or a video CD.

Same problem here too. using a LG DVD drive.

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
yogee_bee wrote:

Points to note:
Its not the auto-play problem. I have checked it.
I have tried changing the data cable. Doesnt help.

Can anyone help ???
desertwind wrote:
Same problem here too. using a LG DVD drive.
Yup guys same problem here even thou im using the SAMSUNG CD DRIVE as well as a SAMSUNG CD-R/W (both giv same problems..)
It fails to detect even my game Cds.I hv to eject and again pop in the tray (sumtimes 2-3 times) and then atlast my CD gets detected.I aslo hv a SONY DVD ROM DRIVE wich works perfectly fine whether its DATA,VIDEO,AUDIO or GAME CD,it detects at one go...

Looks like no wonder to mention but SAMSUNG DRIVERS ( be it CD,DVD or even COMBO) they all $UCK big time.... :evil: :evil:

This has been a HERIDUTARY PROBLEM :wink: with all SAMSUNG DRIVE family....lol..lol...

Yaa even changing the data cable doesnt work..... :evil:

Cheers n e-peace...

yogee_bee

Right off the assembly line
:( :( :(

So we cant do anything with our drives, than just keeping it.
Guess, I will have to invest in a CD writer seperately now :( :( :(

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
yogee_bee wrote:
So we cant do anything with our drives, than just keeping it.
Guess, I will have to invest in a CD writer seperately now
Well yes ur rite bro...infact even if u send the SAMSUNG faulty drive to the service center,they will charge u sum money but again the same problem will arise in a couple of months time....
Coz I gave my CD WRITER for a repair work and i face the same problems even after jus 2 months hv past since the repair work... :evil:

Please try to use ur drive till its last stage and if u hv already planned to buy a new one...then go for brands like SONY as they hv gr8 funtionality as well as gr8 performance (in the later stages aslo) of their life.. :)

Cheers n e-peace....

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
blackleopard92 wrote:
you mean those centers can't fix the Drive.!
mine is in warranty!!
Well, its not tat.I mean to say that there is no suety that ur {repaired} drive will work to its Optimum performance and speed.Sumtimes the service center ppl jus change the Laser and do a bit of cleaning and thats it..and wen u ask them that Will this Drive be perfectly OK? then the answer comes "Cant say Sir !" .....

Believe me guys these Samsung Drives suck and I will never recommend any one to buy Optical Drives from the Samsung fraternity... It $uck$ big time.. :evil:

The only option is to either stay with ur Samsung drive and pray to god (everyday) tat it works fine (after ur warranty is over) or to change it and buy any other brands other than Samsung. Coz i myself hv a Sony DVD ROM (works gr8 !) along with CD ROM and CD Writer(jus praying and using it till its last death arrives.. :roll: ) from Samsung.

Cheers n e-peace...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom