Salary or Better Workplace -Which one would you compromise on and why?

red dragon

Master troll
It is not that great bro!
Requires lots of travel to extremely remote places and it can be depressing watching the real condition of our country.
More than 50% of the families we visit each month have not eaten a full meal in months.
There are many people (including children)dying everyday in Sundarban areas either by starving or by eating poisonous fruits/shrubs from jungle.
They are never shown in the newspapers or television,no one remembers them.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Bud, I am also working for Rural Development. Although at this moment not that directly involved and not get chance of travel to villages much, but still I can understand. There's no glamor in poverty.

And yeah, its very depressing to watch the real India.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Nothing Mahan dude, we are doing our job and earning out of it, that's it. Its similar to other professions. My job is not independent like red dragon, its a semi-govt. organization.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think not everyone is comfortable with cut-throat competition and corporate culture. You can see it from that angle too.

red dragon

Master troll
Hey!I am not independent at all!
I am working for an org.which probably has the tightest control over the employees.
But here the management works differently from other big corporate houses,you are given complete freedom in certain areas..but there is zero tolerance for few things also.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Wrong words I guess. Actually this is what I was trying to point:-

most importantly,I do not have a boss watching over my shouler all the time(I do have to report once in a month only to this great American guy,who has devoted his life for the poor kids in our country)

Life is much better than bosses poking their noses everywhere.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
most of you guys are in it right?
My story is slightly different.
I lost my father in the first year of mbbs,fought my way up with tuition money,completed md pretty early and joined a big multispeciality hospital as cardiologist and was earning a lot of money.
But i was not happy,the entire corporate hospital culture made me nauseated within a year.
Took a huge risk,sat for md entrance again,this time took community medicine.
Now i do not even earn half the money i used to get,but happy again after a long time.
Now i can wear whatever i want in the office,smoke whenever and wherever i want.
Can talk to my patients(poor...very poor children in remote villages)with an open mind and most importantly,i do not have a boss watching over my shouler all the time(i do have to report once in a month only to this great american guy,who has devoted his life for the poor kids in our country)

my salute to you, sir.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
@reddragon, dude ur story could be one of those inspiring stories that makes people follow their heart.
Kudos.

May u stay pure till the very end.

@asingh bhai, sabko mana karta hai bold font use ke liye...thoda size to kam kar...hurts eyes.

red dragon

Master troll
errr cool down ...... I am not your enemy ... :) .... it a classic case of an exception thats all ....
Sorry dude!!
Not really an exception,I am still well paid and mostly have a very stable internet connection where ever my job takes me.Pretty happy so far.

gopi_vbboy

Cyborg Agent
@red dragon - really it needs a brave heart to work in such philanthropic work...keep it up....even i dream of becoming like bill gates...n donate money to poor...(pls dont consider this a joke by seeing by dp)

red dragon

Master troll
I am not donating a single penny,just giving some time and that too at a very high price!!
Anyways enough about my job,it is neither very bad nor very good..just another job.

Top Bottom