Rugged android one, Android Q phone suggestions

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Even many redmi phones are in similar situation,QC enabled but charger is normal one.

No LED notification in Pie

Stock android is basically without any "features" & you need to install apps for almost anything usually found in manufacturer roms.

OP
cute.bandar

cute.bandar

Cyborg Agent
1) Charger with my nokia 6.1 takes 1.5 hours to charge. No idea if its QC 3.0, but is bigger than a regular charger
2) No led is a nokia thing. Bothered me at first a lil. Then I realized there is always some SMS / or random whatsapp message coming, so it didn't matter to me.
3) hmm, I find it very easy to put phone on silent. Click volume button > tap on Bell icon.

Edit: Charger is 18Watt - 12V * 1.5A | 9V * 2A . Edit: It also has 5V * 3A

Last edited:

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
1.5 hours is bit long for QC so should be usual but higher capacity charger.

Well that's subjective so can't say for others.

In my phone silent mode is there on top down app drawer(zenUI android M).

chimera201

Wise Old Owl
Now that i have been using it for more than a week, i have mixed feelings about 6.1 Plus. I mean i bought it as i wanted to experience a clean android and that has been ok i guess. Being of 6GB RAM and with no unwanted apps phone is fast. But here are somethings i didn't like.

1) Firstly, it supports QC 3.0 charging but the phone comes with a normal charger. I was surprised to find that there are no QC 3.0 capable Nokia chargers even on their websites and i had to buy a Mi Charger.Don't understand this at all.
2) I don't know if it's an android one feature or just this phone, but it's very difficult to understand why they have not given any LED notification option on the phone. It's very irritating i mean, there is no way to know if you have any unread messages or missed calls unless you unlock the phone. There is no LED even when it's charging.
3) It's often the simplest things that matter most i guess. In my previous phones, it was very easy to change my profile to silent like drag down from top the options and change to silent. Here, there is no default profiles and you have to fiddle around volume button to get option to make phone silent.

These are just the few things that came to mind. I don't know what other issues i am going to find. But if anyone has gone through this and found some work arounds please let me know.

1. Really fast quick charging decreases battery lifespan.

2. Yeah that's a problem. For charging indicator you can set "always on during charging" in settings>display>ambient display. There's also an option to lift to check phone for unread sms/calls. Else install a reminder app.

3. Check "Do not disturb". Sadly there's no separate option for vibrate and sound.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
1. Really fast quick charging decreases battery lifespan.
It is the heat generated while charging which affects battery lifespan, not fast charging by itself. Oneplus' Dash charge uses 20W at 5V 4A instead of 18W at 9V 2A and main circuit is contained in the charger, not the phone. More OEMS should adapt/design features like this but all of them want to make 4mm thin, 7" phones with 200% screen to body ratio, multiple 100 mp cameras and no ports.