Rs. 500 per month, postpaid, mainly landline calls

Status
Not open for further replies.
I urgently need recommendation for a plan.
Within rs. 500 per month.
Mainly phone calls to local BSNL landlines.
SMS hardly used.
No other features will be used.
Cheapest cost per minute prefered.
Post paid.

I have taken the 125 (or was it 99 ?) plan. No free calls in it. Any idea if its a good choice ? Or should I change it ? Because I can only afford upto 500 per month bill (its free for me :D).

janitha

Wise Old Owl
I have taken the 125 (or was it 99 ?) plan. No free calls in it. Any idea if its a good choice ? Or should I change it ? Because I can only afford upto 500 per month bill (its free for me :D).

Only you can tell, because we don't know your usage. IIRC, lower plans like the one you mentioned have 60 sec pulse rate, while plans like 225 and 325 have 15 sec pulse and it is a big advantage, in addition to the free calls and lower rates. (Rs.1/- vs 0.4)

int86

You'r Born Free
take the higher plan that is just near to your monthly expenditure.
I would strongly suggest to Rs525, which will cost you around Rs590/month with taxes.
After using wide variety of planes, I have settled for this only.
In case you not opting for this settle for Rs325, as only this two plans have 15sec pulse.
Ans I assure you 15sec pulse is a wonder from BSNL.

But keep your monthly expenditure in mind while choosing any plane. Say if your current monthly billing is less than Rs400 than Rs525 plan is not worthy.
And remember all your roaming call will be charged separetly, i.e. it won't be charged under free calls.

Well, I have changed my choice to 325 after much consideration.
Fact is, only around 10 calls are made on average per day.
And yeah, this is for my dad, who is getting free mobile connection for upto Rs. 500 per month.
Makes no sense to spend any more, since I feel Rs. 500 itself is high enough for the usage.

But I am still not sure if its a wise move to go to Rs. 325 plan from Rs. 99 plan.

janitha

Wise Old Owl
Well, I have changed my choice to 325 after much consideration.
Fact is, only around 10 calls are made on average per day.
And yeah, this is for my dad, who is getting free mobile connection for upto Rs. 500 per month.
Makes no sense to spend any more, since I feel Rs. 500 itself is high enough for the usage.

But I am still not sure if its a wise move to go to Rs. 325 plan from Rs. 99 plan.

Definitely. Especially since for a 15 sec call or 15 sec part of a call you will be charged only Rs.0.1 or so instead of Rs.1/- in the Plan 100.

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
Why don't you get a landline itself:p

Here in my circle there is a plan, in which you pay Rs.199/- per month and you get Unlimited free calling to BSNL Landlines,Mobiles & WLL within your state.

using this service I make calls of around 2k every month;)

janitha

Wise Old Owl
Why don't you get a landline itself:p

Here in my circle there is a plan, in which you pay Rs.199/- per month and you get Unlimited free calling to BSNL Landlines,Mobiles & WLL within your state.

using this service I make calls of around 2k every month;)

Is it there in Jaipur only? Never heard of anything even comparable! And have been using BSNL landline for so many years. Is it there in BSNL website?
Edit-
Paying Rs.180/- pm and getting 50 free calls!

Tech.Masti

Wise Old Owl
Cool plan Gary, heard first time about such plan
Bsnl sent me a message some days ago. They offering RS.399 recharge for prepaid customers by which we can call unlimited to any local bSNL no., and other locals/ same zone std call charges is 50 paisa/minute

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
This what i found on BSNL - Rajasthan circle portal
*www.rajasthan.bsnl.co.in/bsnl/main/circle_unlimited_plan.htm

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
^^ Is the above link opening up for anyone? :(
It opens file for me.

anyways, verbatim copy-paste
Talk Unlimited within Circle (Rajasthan) :

This is the Latest Add On Plan of Unlimited Free Calls within The Circle for Basic Subscribers.

A subscriber opting for this ADD ON Plan can make unlimited calls to BSNL Landline / WLL subscribers within Circle at a monthly add-on plan charges of Rs.149.00 subject to technical feasibility.

1. Service Tax as applicable will be extra.
2. All other charges and conditions as applicable to basic services shall remain unchanged
3. This Plan will not be applicable to VPT / PCOs.
4. Registration for this Scheme may be done through Call Center at 1500 or at BSNL Customer Service Centers.

Look like i am the lucky one:p

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom