Rise of the Tomb Raider (2015)

quicky008

Technomancer
^Thanks for your inputs gameranand-a friend of mine who played the retail version of tomb raider had said to me earlier that one needs an always on internet connection to play this game-i'm not sure whether its true or not,its quite possible that he was misinformed.I'm quite eager to buy the retail copy of the game but i've held it off so far as i have a strong dislike for titles that require the player to be always online,as it means if for some reason my internet connection stops working i won't be able to play the game anymore until my connection is restored.It would be great if someone who has actually played the steam version of ROTTR could shed some light on this matter.

gameranand

Living to Play
ok,but are you sure of it?Have you had an opportunity to test whether it works when the computer is totally offline?
Yup proven. Like I said usually all SP games can be played offline as well.

Offline mode ? Yes?,No? :D :: Rise of the Tomb Raider General Discussion

quicky008

Technomancer
today i've purchased the retail version of ROTR-i installed steam and activated the game via the included key.Then it prompted me to download the game-when i agreed to it the download started.However i've already obtained all the files required to run the game from a torrent site-downloading the full game is gonna take ages and i don't want to install the game from the discs as they don't contain all the data.I've heard that one can simply copy and paste the game's files into the steam installation directory and that will finish the download and will allow the user to start playing the game-but i have no idea how to do it.

Can someone tell me where exactly should i put the files so that i can start playing the game right away without going into the hassle of downloading the entire game?Is it somewhere in the steamapps folder?

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
today i've purchased the retail version of ROTR-i installed steam and activated the game via the included key.Then it prompted me to download the game-when i agreed to it the download started.However i've already obtained all the files required to run the game from a torrent site-downloading the full game is gonna take ages and i don't want to install the game from the discs as they don't contain all the data.I've heard that one can simply copy and paste the game's files into the steam installation directory and that will finish the download and will allow the user to start playing the game-but i have no idea how to do it.

Can someone tell me where exactly should i put the files so that i can start playing the game right away without going into the hassle of downloading the entire game?Is it somewhere in the steamapps folder?
install the torrent version but don't use the cracking method and steam will detect the game

gameranand

Living to Play

1. Install the game using the torrent you downloaded
2. Backup the installed content (Just the folder in which it installed, not the Document folders or registry entries)
3. Uninstall the game
4. Now copy the installed content to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Rise of the Tomb Raider
5. Now start installtion from steam
6. Let it Download 1-2 MB then restart Steam
7. It should detect the files and download only the required files

quicky008

Technomancer
1. Install the game using the torrent you downloaded
2. Backup the installed content (Just the folder in which it installed, not the Document folders or registry entries)
3. Uninstall the game
4. Now copy the installed content to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Rise of the Tomb Raider
5. Now start installtion from steam
6. Let it Download 1-2 MB then restart Steam
7. It should detect the files and download only the required files
thanks a lot for your detailed instructions-they worked perfectly.

Pasapa

Live to die another day
Price increased

lowest I found in FK @1070
Rise of the Tomb Raider Price in India - Buy Rise of the Tomb Raider online at Flipkart.com
You can buy it from reapershop for around 800.. Just wait for the summer sale imo

Sent from my XT1572 using Tapatalk

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
Can the mods please add this to the section thread index?

reporting my own post for mods' attention. :)

- - - Updated - - -

I started the game today, ultra settings, GTX960, 60FPS, no FPS dip.

Started it today, played the opening and the first level in the tomb.

Okayish game till now.

This game is nothing like its predecessor.
Where TR2013's opening was fantastic and set the benchmark for me for one of the best opening scenes of all the games that i have played, RotTR'r opening looked like the studio blatantly borrowed from the opening scenes in TR2013.
Granted, that in TR2013 Lara got converted from an innocent young girl to a ruthless and stone-tough tomb raider, and that was the basis for this game, it still feels like they have tried to implement the same formula.

Lets see how this goes on.