rise of nations installation problem in vista

amrit1

Are we there yet?
I bought a brand new Rise of Nations from a shop some 3 months ago and i installed it on my hp dv5 notebook with windows vista. I played the game for a month, it worked fine. Now when i started the game some days ago (after putting its CD in the drive), an error came asking me to insert the right disc, so i reinserted the disk but it didnt work again. So i removed the game hoping to get it to work again after reinstalling but this is where my problem started. First of all there was no AUTOPLAY when i inserted the CD, so i open the CD in explorer and opened the RONSETUP.exe but it didnt open: A command prompt open for half a sec and nothing happend... Please help me guys i m dying to play this game... any help will be appriciated... thank you..

P.S. - i hope i have posted in right section of forum..

Neuron

Electronic.
See if the cd surface has any serious scratches.Anyway try to copy the cd image on to the hard drive using a any recover utility like 'Isopuzzle'.Mout the image and try running the game again.Also there is a chance that your cd/dvd drive has damaged :-(

OP
amrit1

amrit1

Are we there yet?
See if the cd surface has any serious scratches.Anyway try to copy the cd image on to the hard drive using a any recover utility like 'Isopuzzle'.Mout the image and try running the game again.Also there is a chance that your cd/dvd drive has damaged :-(

The cd has no scratches. and tried to install it from its image but nothing helps.. :( and my drive is working as it should..
Btw, i installed Vistas new service pack i.e. SP2 may be because of that its not working...

Last edited:
OP
amrit1

amrit1

Are we there yet?
After a lot of working, i managed to get the error message. When i run RONSETUP.exe, a cmd prompt opens up Saying "Program too big to fit in memory"

I googled a lot but i m not getting the solution. Please help... :(

Neuron

Electronic.
Well,this usually happens when the executable file gets corrupted.Anyway,try using the cd on one of your friend's system.If the same message comes then i guess the cd has somehow damaged.

shadez

GaMeR
those problems could be because of your DVD drive too.

1. did you check running the setup CD on any other system (friends maybe)? or,
2. get an another external/internal DVD drive and try running it.

any recent h/w, s/w utilities upgrades?
and what does it show in controlpanel>autoplay?

OP
amrit1

amrit1

Are we there yet?
those problems could be because of your DVD drive too.

1. did you check running the setup CD on any other system (friends maybe)? or,
2. get an another external/internal DVD drive and try running it.

any recent h/w, s/w utilities upgrades?
and what does it show in controlpanel>autoplay?

Will try to check it in my friend's PC and/or by changing my drive (although i installed age of mythology just to check my drive and its working fine)...
I recently installed vista SP2 and updated my BIOS from HP website.. No h/w updates of any type..
What is there to see in controlpanel>autoplay?
Thanks for replying..:)

OP
amrit1

amrit1

Are we there yet?
my problem is solved... Turns out that installation file was corrupt.. It installed fine on my frend's Windows 7 with the same disc.. So i copied the whole disc in his comp and then burned a new disc, which is working on my PC.. Thanks for guidance...
Moderators Please CLOSE the thread... :)

Top Bottom