Rig, Purely for Rendering Purpose (100K)

Myth

Cyborg Agent
@vkl: He meant to ask what price he will get if he sells his newly purchased mobo, the Intel DH77EB.

@OP: As viewed in the picture, turn the heatsink 90degrees anti clockwise. (Fan facing the rear end of the cabinet). This should free the ram slot next to the processor.
Do the same even if you switch the mobo.

Should have gotten the final config confirmed here before purchasing.

OP
M

martin.stallone

Broken In
Ok :(

My fault guys. Bad experience.

now the best is to turn the fan ? thats all.
I think if now I want to upgrade or to do something, I should have a budget of atleast 20k, right?
what advantage would I get if I increase RAM ?

vkl

Cyborg Agent
@Myth
Yes I know.
Just suggesting him for a Z77 motherboard if requires one.What is the use of buying an i7 3770k if he didn't want to overclock?
As he mentioned today that he didn't want to overclock then he should have gone for i7 3770.Just that.

@martin.stallone
How much RAM you would require will depend on the texture,geometry,number of polygons,lighting,length of the scene,resolution.
Now if the RAM requirement is not that much then 8GB should be more than enough.
For larger models or models with very large number of polygons there might be more RAM requirement.
8GB should be enough.It might happen that you might require more RAM if your usage is high.
You would know the requirement by your usage.
If the system doesn't require that much RAM for your workloads then more RAM would have no effect.

Last edited:

Myth

Cyborg Agent
@vkl
I just thought you misread his question :p
The various suggestions probably confused OP as to which mobo is the correct match for a 'k' series proc.
Good thing you suggested the z77 mobos.

@OP.
Dispose the current mobo (minimal loss as compared to disposing the proc). Take a Z77 mobo as vkl suggested.
Pay attention to what people are posting here. When in doubt, feel free to ask again before taking any action.
I said turn the heatsink(the metal portion), not the fan. The fan is just attached to the heatsink.

vkl

Cyborg Agent
^^Suggested him some Z77 mobos if he required one as he said he wanted to sell his current motherboard.
Anyway,if he doesn't want to overclock he should be ok with his current h77 motherboard.

OP
M

martin.stallone

Broken In
Maya is giving me a warning that
"Performance Loss: Dynamic memory is too low"
while rendering high quality images.

Why ?what to do ? My rig is not strong enough to handle an image of 1500x1000px image ? :(

so disappointed.

guys please help me..

macho84

Ambassador of Buzz
Maya is giving me a warning that
"Performance Loss: Dynamic memory is too low"
while rendering high quality images.

Why ?what to do ? My rig is not strong enough to handle an image of 1500x1000px image ? :(

so disappointed.

guys please help me..

What's the current setup.
If you have 8gb try setting more page file say 17gb it might be limited.

Also post screen shot of ram usage while you get the error message

OP
M

martin.stallone

Broken In
@ macho84
I googled and got the solution ... there is an option under vray settings tab in maya to increase the Dynamic memory value.

....----------------------------------

Do I need any TV tuner card to watch TV on my Dell u2312hm ? or its inbuilt ?

OP
M

martin.stallone

Broken In
alright ..

this is my config.

Intel Core i7 3770k -
Intel Original DH77EB
G.Skill RipjawsZ DDR3 16 GB(F3-12800CL9Q-16GBZL)
ATI Firepro v5800
WD 1 TB 7200 RPM HDD (64 MB Cache)
LG 24X Sata Black DVD -
Corsair TX850M -
NZXT Phantom
Dell Ultrasharp 23"
Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo
APC 600 va
Logitech g300 gaming mouse
Microsoft Wireless Desktop 800 Wireless Keyboard (Black)

I want to upgrade it and have a budget of 20k.

I want a motherboard which supports 2 Processor, as well as 2 graphic cards, I am planning to get an i3 processor .. I want more number of threads/core right now , for rendering purpose.
Please suggest a cheap motherboard which has this feature.

Also I have an ATI GPU.
Softwares like maya requires a Cuda card in some cases..
Please suggest one cheapest cuda card too. :)

Please tell me that what will be the advantage if I overclock my processor ?? if it is having a huge advantage, I will overclock it.

I can think of increasing the amount If it goes out of my budget,

Thanks.

For using multiple cpus, you need xeon processor. Consumer processors cannot be used simultaneously because they lack qpi. On motherboard under 40k supports multiple cpus.

Cilus

laborare est orare
Yes, it is possible to use SLI (in case of nVidia) or Crossfire (in case of AMD) provided the Motherboard does have two PCI-E X16 slots running @ X8-X8 speed.

OP
M

martin.stallone

Broken In
will plugging in 2 graphic cards effect rendering speed ?

I believe rendering speed depends on number of threads and RAM.

according to my specs. what should I do to increase rendering speed ?? :-? :-? :-?

Cilus

laborare est orare
Buddy, rendering does depend on GPU too. Do us a favor, mention the nae of the software you are going to use.

Top Bottom