REVIEW : Sony Ericsson K750i 2 Megapixel Phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

khandu

In the zone
*www.sonyericsson.com/images/spgc/GPD_15820high_1515_0_4000.jpg

LINK : *www.sonyericsson.com/spg.jsp?cc=in&lc=en&ver=4000&template=pp1_1_1&zone=pp&lm=pp1&pid=10242

Key Features :

# 2 megapixel camera
# Auto-focus
# Photo Light
# Video Recorder
# Music Player
# Internal 32MB and External DUO PRO 64 MB Provided

Advantages :

1) 2 Megapixel Camera.. AWESOME!!!
2) Light , can be used for night photoraphy
3) Autofocus : the most imp aspect of the phone
4) Good fast menu and mp3 player with FM
5) Datacable provided with the box

Disadvantages :

1) NOT SYMBIAN : not much app support
2) The SONY MEMORY STICK PRO DUO very expensive in Market

Comments :

Well ppl, the best cell with camera available.. Autofocus etc.. if u r not addicted to Nokia ( Like me ) GO FOR IT!!!!

Expected Market Price :
Rs. 19,500

A pic from camera

*img230.echo.cx/img230/9499/computer4ep.th.jpg

Pic from a moving car with auto-focus and Black n White Imaging

*img142.echo.cx/img142/571/dsc000159gl.th.jpg

Zoomed Pic

*img220.echo.cx/img220/2581/dsc000386ql.th.jpg

COMING SOON!!! NOKIA 7710 REVIEW!!!

G

gxsaurav

Nice camera, but it is too costly to buy yet, I mean insted of sending 20k on a mobile it's better to spend 20k on a LCD monitor, or better yet, but a K700i + 1 128 MB Pen drive & a 3.1 MP HP or Cannon Cam, & still U will save about 4k

I will go for it, when it comes down to 10k, till then K700i is doing everything

magnet

Youngling
nice review..........i m waiting 4 7710 one........i m planning to get it....but now frnds r saying speaking on phone is quite odd.........nyways looking forward for it....

rohanbee

Padawan
i had considered this and a variant of the samsung D-500 (i have the D-508) and it was the samsung for me.
Better looks/asthetics
Better screen vibrancy and clarity
Better price

Lesser megapixel camera
no fm

djmykey

Let the music play.....
khandu wats that spaceship kinda thing on ur pc man cant figure it out.

OP
K

khandu

In the zone
its the wireless Keyboard and mouse reciever..

called iUFO ;) frmo iBall.. real cool

Keith Sebastian

Padawan
djmykey said:
khandu wats that spaceship kinda thing on ur pc man cant figure it out.

Don't trust Khandu. He's secretly transmitting intelligence to some alien life form, preparing for a takeover soon. :lol: :lol: :wink:

-Keith

rohanwadhwa

Broken In
Cant we load any kind of software on the K750i???? and what is the battery like???? I'm really confused b/w Nokia 6630 and SE k750i

rohanwadhwa

Broken In
how are the audio quality like?? from the earphone while talking, and the ringtone speaker (MP3, Polyphonic), Is it clear and loud enough?????

hbk88in

Broken In
short n sweet...but i hope ure planning on putting more stuff into the review...like details...phonebook n software of the phone...how fast is it? how easy is messaging?the sound quality etc....
-Anish

OP
K

khandu

In the zone
Sorry guys.. I will try to expand my review very soon..

as per now i will answer the questions asked..

@rohanwadhwa

SE K750i is not a symbian so finding a software for it will be very tough.. although u can load many JAVA games...

I have just sold my K750i due to lack of support and got myself a N6630 believe me.. its good

will be posting my opinion on Nokia 6630 soon..

Battery Life is good.. stand by of 2-3 days it gave me..

Audio quality is excellent.. u will love it.. Stereo handsfree gives u an excellent experience.. a very good audio piece

@hbk88in

I provided the link for the website as i didnt want to post the whole details here..

rohanwadhwa

Broken In
Hey,
The Nokia 7710 i also ab\avilable for Rs 20,000 here in D'dun, and seems to me a better choice tha n the SE 750i with a gorgeous big touchscreen display!! Any idea how is Nokia 7710???

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
@rohan: The 7710 is a good phone if you can ignore the fact that it lacks a keypad. If you don't mind that, then it's a wonderful phone - feature packed and the price you are getting it for is really cheap. I would prefer it over the K750i.

OP
K

khandu

In the zone
Well I have used both phones..

7710 is a S90 and not much software/games available for it.. but it is an very good phone and is touchscreen.. But then again i will really recommend it for business ppl.. anyone who is like me putting 100's of apps etc.. i didn have much option..

K750i on the other hand has an excellent camera.. and if u want camera and FM as the major usage then u should definetly go for this phone.. It is not a symbian and thus hardly any apps but u can put loads of java games in it..

Now look at ur usage.. and u can decide..

rohanwadhwa

Broken In
I saw both the phones in the market, I must say, it is just because of the looks that I have decided not to go for the SE k750i.

I think the N7710 is a great phone except for its weight(189 gms) though not too much to be a Problem but still , the lighter the better, it seems like carrying 2 phones in ur hand/pocket.

About the apps part for N7710, I found some applications for it in my-symbian.com, and a lot of games using the picodrive emulator. I feel more applications will come up once more phones with the symbian series 90 come up(which would eventually).

btw, khandu, as you have already used the phone do tell me its Battery life, and speakers ( I'll be using FM and MP3 player extensively), so I hope the sound quality is not dissapointing.

Looking forward to a final reply from you, then I'll be of to buy it.

OP
K

khandu

In the zone
i already replied to u via mail.. but anyways

sound and video experience of 7710 is excellent.. do not worry about that.. and if u dont mind the camera resolution i will rate 7710 over K750i simply because

1) Its Symbian.. so softwares/upgrades will come
2) Widescreen and Touchscreen
3) It uses MMC card wher as K750i uses SOny Stick DUO PRO ( very expensive compared )
4) Its Nokia.. resale value is much higher.

;)

nirubhai

Broken In
SE K750i - viewer's envy, owner's pride

here i am another proud owner of SE K750i :)
K750i rocks!
i also considered 6230i before buying this, but i could not compensate for the camera!
if you are not slaved by nokia, you must go for it.
the camera is a masterpiece.

pros:
1. sound is too good (may be little less superior than N7710)
2. camera - photo & video quality is amazing! beats any phone in the range.
- slide cover for camera
- camera effects: B/W, negative, sepia, solarize
- upto 1hr video recording
- image res. 160x120, 640x480, 1632x1224
- auto focus
- auto white balance
3. themes - i have downloaded lots of themes & the looks are killing! (yes u can impress ur gf ;) )
4. battery evaporates in a day if you shoot a lot & keep the player/fm on. without it, it lasts for about 2 & 1/2 days. you can also charge using the data cable!
5. it has address book of 500 * 5 (Names * Numbers)
6. 256k LCD screen
7. it has got a fundu composer
8. text display upto 7 lines
9. powerful flash
10. joystick is fun for gaming
11. can fit upto 2gb memory card
12. hot swapping of memory card
13. battery saving features (turns off display in standby mode)
14. typing sms is most easier due to joystick

if u are a nokia user, it may take a while to get to used with the phone. especially with the 'C' button which is only for delete!

cons:
1. it hangs sometimes when memory nears to full. (remove/loose the battery & start again)
2. does not show some jpg images at all.
3. does not show some jpg images after some browsing (of images).
4. can not use phone & sim contacts simetaneously.
5. sending sms requires more keystrokes (not typing)
6. displays callers name instead of number in calls list (edit it to see the number)
7. no support for any indian language (no hindi sms)
8. camera should support 800x640 & 1204x768 res. as those are most common on desktops
9. EDGE is missing (infact i don't know exactly what is that)

non-nokia = non-standard
weight can't be an issue
handling is not difficult

final judgement,
if you are looking for a camera phone, this is it.
for nokia fans: look at it, don't own

Keith Sebastian

Padawan
This one is for k750i users/fans -

I'll be buying one of these by August end (overseas). I've also decided on picking up additional 1 GB Sandisk Memory Stick Duo Pro. I'd truly appreciate it if anyone here commented on the quality of supplied earphones. Also, I know that the supplied stereo earphones connect via the FAST port. Are there any convertors for FAST port to 3.5mm so I can plug in standard headphones.

Also, how is the performance when playing mp3? Any stutters in sound while multi tasking? Unwanted stutters/pauses when changing songs?

Thanks in advance.
Keith

Status
Not open for further replies.