Review and overview about IT companies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vivek788

In the zone
Hi,you all know that there are tonnes of IT companies out there.With many of them coming to campuses for recruitment or giving ads in newspapers and sites,it confuses candidates especially the poor freshers.Has anyone created a site which give a review and overview or links to do that for all the (or atleast majority) IT and non-IT companies that offer placements to freshers?
If not,can't someone who is experienced and has contacts in the industry start such a service?
It could help the freshers in choosing a career path wisely.

sourav123

Thinking Different
As far as I know, there is no such site other than www.freshersworld.com which has only some outdated info about various companies. In any case, why don't you post your queries here. I have some information which I can share and also there are many other members who can share their views.

raksrules

Youngling
Please enlist your questions here and people here (including me) who work in different IT companies will (try to)answer them.

OP
Vivek788

Vivek788

In the zone
yeah i know shreds..i even got an offer for Satyam through them....but then that site doesn't contain reviews,does it?I never saw one...
Btw as for queries how do you rate i-flex(now Oracle financing solutions) against the likes of TCS ,Infy and Wipro.It is known that the former is focussed on financial solutions.
By rating I mean comparison of level of application of technical knowledge(exposure as well ),HR policies,and the growth potential it offers..I know comparing industries working on different aims might be slightly unorthodox,but then I just want to know which one gives me a chance to become a domain expert.

raksrules

Youngling
TCS, Infy and Wipro are big giants as compared to iFlex.

As far as Infy is considered, it has a total strength of 91k people so finding your way up the corporate ladder is a little difficult. You need to prove yourself very well and be a consistent performer. Work culture wise what i can deduce from other friend's and my own exp, Infy has one of the best work cultures and open door policy.
HR Policies are becoming stringent as it is with most of the IT companies.

jxcess2

Banned
One thing I can't uderstand is that even though india is the hub for software development, u don't get to hear of any hacking done here. Most viruses and trojans which have affected computers in the past have originated from the US, china, korea or from some european country. Rarely do u find an indian being involved in hacking.

raksrules

Youngling
Probably Indians are more of a constructive mindset and not destructive (at least who know technology well) :)

OP
Vivek788

Vivek788

In the zone
hm...abt hacking...people are more worried about earning more, than having fun or explore new things.And few of those who do have the attitude for exploration work on the good side of it...finding and fixing holes and flaws.

U

Userfriendly

Can i know about Company Krawler Networks, Pune...Is dis Company is right for my career starting company.....

OP
Vivek788

Vivek788

In the zone
what do u guys think abt lnt emsys..some frnds of mine are to appear for its interview this week...

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
india is the hub for software development

ahem.......correction...............u believe or not dats not d point...........but d truth is that.............no foreign companies prode any development related task to INDIA. If we are doing a development project then, either its a support or major enhancement, sometimes transformation like a s/w coded in VB, make it in Java oriented..........and testing.

If a company is developing a s/w a 90% chance is that its an experimental or an in-house project. Yes.........portal related works are done here too. but S/W....doubts?

P.S. u can try *www.chetanas.com/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom