Retention Module Base Query

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
One of my friends gone crazy and and broke the Retention Module Base of his Asus m3a78-em which is not under warranty. Is there any way to replace it? where can one find that awkward square frame?

Thanks.

azzu

AJJU
^^
What is a retention module..?

*img3.imageshack.us/img3/7001/zalmancnps9500am2am24.jpg
guys plz where can i buy it ???

or can i get any am+2 Coolers (HSF ) with screw systems ???

Last edited:

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
Tell him to buy a cheap OEM HSF, or else if someone here has removed that spacer to deploy another OEM, they could ship it too him.

azzu

AJJU
Tell him to buy a cheap OEM HSF, or else if someone here has removed that spacer to deploy another OEM, they could ship it too him.

i didnt get u .
does cheap oem HSF comes with a Retention module ??

BTw : its me who broke his Retention module :D

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
i didnt get u .
does cheap oem HSF comes with a Retention module ??

BTw : its me who broke his Retention module :D

they don't. you simply need to get a CM TX3 for 1.3k. as the retention module already gone (thanks to you), simply bolt down the HSF with the provided backplate. done.

offtopic: what were you trying do with a retention module? click pictures with your Micromax Q5? :smile:

azzu

AJJU
they don't. you simply need to get a CM TX3 for 1.3k. as the retention module already gone (thanks to you), simply bolt down the HSF with the provided backplate. done.

offtopic: what were you trying do with a retention module? click pictures with your Micromax Q5? :smile:

Found a guy selling Retention modules on Ebay will order from there
but , iam also interested in CM tx3 , anything cheaper than that available ? :D lol
and will it run on my ordinary 450wts PSU ( the usual zebronics one)

BTw : sam bhai i swear i didnt doo anything i was observing insane temps on Hw monitor and i opened the Cabinet and bamm HSf's off the proccy
but thank god proccy didnt fired up :D

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Found a guy selling Retention modules on Ebay will order from there
but , iam also interested in CM tx3 , anything cheaper than that available ? :D lol
and will it run on my ordinary 450wts PSU ( the usual zebronics one)

TX3 is a heatsink with a fan. i don't see any reason to not run on a working PSU. its just a substitute for an Intel or AMD HSF.

BTw : sam bhai i swear i didnt doo anything i was observing insane temps on Hw monitor and i opened the Cabinet and bamm HSf's off the proccy
but thank god proccy didnt fired up :D

WHAT? you opened the cabinet & HSF came out? chances are the retention module's base got loose from the motherboard. but usually its bolted down with a steel backplate. maybe got loose. and thats the reason of the high temperature. cause heatsinks base isn't touching the processor.

and yes, your friend lucky, the processor didn't melted :smile:

azzu

AJJU
TX3 is a heatsink with a fan. i don't see any reason to not run on a working PSU. its just a substitute for an Intel or AMD HSF.

WHAT? you opened the cabinet & HSF came out? chances are the retention module's base got loose from the motherboard. but usually its bolted down with a steel backplate. maybe got loose. and thats the reason of the high temperature. cause heatsinks base isn't touching the processor.

and yes, your friend lucky, the processor didn't melted :smile:
It was already Broken .. but when i opened i saaw the HSF was hanging with the HSF Power cable ..
and bolts everything where fine the hanger or clip ,, u can see from the Image broke..
*img684.imageshack.us/img684/7001/zalmancnps9500am2am24.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
It was already Broken .. but when i opened i saaw the HSF was hanging with the HSF Power cable ..
and bolts everything where fine the hanger or clip ,, u can see from the Image broke..
*img684.imageshack.us/img684/7001/zalmancnps9500am2am24.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

and that way the PC was running? :shock:

BTW what insane temperature were being displayed in HW monitor?

azzu

AJJU
guys
iam gonna buy a Cooler master tx3 tommorow,
Any suggestions of , Screw cpu air coolers other than that ?

azzu

AJJU
Got the CM tx3 at 1.3k from CTC Hyderabad up and working
cpu idling at 18-19 C and max 28-29 c in load
at 25 c room temperature

Thx all the guys who helped me out
Sam.sahab , Asigh , and vamci anna vvv thx :)))

Top Bottom