Status
Not open for further replies.

dhawalsant

Broken In
Friends,

whenever i try to open any drive on my computer, it displays an RESTRICTION error. that is as follows

"The operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer.Please contact your system administrator".

Now the problem is that i m the only administrator and do not have any solution to the problem.

please help me out..

i cant format the drives as it contains important data on it...

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
Open regedit and goto:

Code:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Current Version\Policies\Explorer
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Current Version\Policies\Explorer
HKEY_USERS\.default\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Current Version\Policies\Explorer
Now in right-side pane, delete following keys if present:

NoViewOnDrive
NoDrives

same problem of mine.....
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=86097
but the above solution does not work.....
i do not fine any registry as mentioned above.

it_waaznt_me

Coming back to life ..
See if any Autorun.inf is present on the drive. You can find that by right clickin on the drive icon and see if any Autorun entry is highlighted too.

amitash

Intel OCer
it maybe a worm...try typing the name of the drive in the explorer bar...like if u want to access C drive type c:/ in the explorer bar and u may be able to access ur drive....if it is a worm try posting the hijackthis log here...google hijackthis and dload it.u may be able to remove it from there.

saqib_khan

I M A *STAR*
I too face problem something like this.
Whenever i change anything in msconfig, it says "An access denied error was returned while attempting to change a service. You may need to log on using an administrator account to make the specified changes"

But i have an Administrator a/c only, so y is this happening?

quad_master

Tired of being sorry!
I too face problem something like this.
Whenever i change anything in msconfig, it says "An access denied error was returned while attempting to change a service. You may need to log on using an administrator account to make the specified changes"

But i have an Administrator a/c only, so y is this happening?

can u pls go through the procedure that u r taking to disable this service...i wanna know the process name...

quad_master

Tired of being sorry!
Yup, so is that because of HP Printer???

It is the weirdest thing i could think abt.

But, what's the problem in HP Printer . Can u plz understand.

may be :D ...actually HP printer's driver is the main culprit...after some security update it start to behave like that...sometimes mcafee cause the problem :D ...it'll be better you chk here... for soultion.

dheeraj_kumar

Legen-wait for it-dary!
The link is working, the site is down. Wait till the site is up again. I'm following up with this thread, since I own a HP printer too, and I have faced these kinda problems in the past, which I always resolved with restoring a clean install drive image.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom