restart windows explorer without restarting the sysytem

Status
Not open for further replies.

tech_creeds

Right off the assembly line
Good evening friends,
Is there any way to restart windows explorer without actually restarting the system (on installing new software's and uninstalling some demand for a restart).I am using windows vista h.p.
i read a code in some magazine about saving some code in bat extension, but don't remember that now.
also i searched Google but found technique that only work with windows 98/95.(pressing shift key while clicking on restart)
thanks in advance
have a good time.

clmlbx

Technomancer
WELL explorer can be restarted but what u need is avoiding restart after installing or uninstalling software .........so their is no way u will have to restart or log off and log on to make changes in effect

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
^^

will tat really solve the purpose, coz i thought tat a restart was a real restart/boot up of the OS so tat all the files are properly arranged for loadup at system restart.. :confused:
----------

also, to the OP: well, wat my point is that, a restart of a system will ensure that all the files needed for the app to run smoothly will be loaded and saved into their appropriate locations and also, the reg entries wud be FINALISED once a restart is done, ensuring that ur s/w is ready to run at good and smooth settings.. :)

hansraj

In the zone
Good evening friends,
Is there any way to restart windows explorer without actually restarting the system (on installing new software's and uninstalling some demand for a restart).I am using windows vista h.p.
i read a code in some magazine about saving some code in bat extension, but don't remember that now.
also i searched Google but found technique that only work with windows 98/95.(pressing shift key while clicking on restart)
thanks in advance
have a good time.

The solution to your question is press Ctrl+Alt+Del and from the list of services, find explorer.exe and end the process. Now on the task manager click "file" > New task and in the run window enter "explorer.exe". Dont use the quotes.
However if u r doing it after installation of new application then this is not any trick to fool your system. During startup a lot of dll, sys files are loaded which cannot be loaded untill you restart your system. Sometimes yes, a log off and log in again can help but there is no guarantee that the required dlls will get loaded.

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
However if u r doing it after installation of new application then this is not any trick to fool your system. During startup a lot of dll, sys files are loaded which cannot be loaded untill you restart your system. Sometimes yes, a log off and log in again can help but there is no guarantee that the required dlls will get loaded.

yup, i am also of the same opinion, :) as a clean restart sets up all the required files to be loaded for a smooth application to function..this is wat i also said in my prev post.. :)

-----------

to the OP: yaar, ek restart ki hi toh baat hain naa.. :D as it is u are NOT required to restart to run the app every single time..

but, yes if u are clearing ur fundas/querries by asking these questions, then we all are happy to reply in detail.. :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom