Rest in peace Windows XP.... quietly going into the dark!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jal_desai

In the zone
it has served us for 7 long years... the most lovable OS in the Windows Family and probably beyond tht... is now counting its last days... June 30 will be the day when it will take its last breath... (however it will be kept on oxygen till 2-4 years). i portrayed this tragic truth in the following wallpaper and the Bliss is no more... :( :(

*maxupload.com/img/AE7497DA.png

Last edited:

ring_wraith

=--=l33t=--=
Hey, quick question. What does that really mean? Does that just mean that no more updates? Or even better, just no more retail copies will be available?

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
No more regular updates. No more retail copies. No more OEM copies (unless OEM's really challenge MS). I think only critical/security updates will be released.

New

Padawan
Nice wallpaper..
I feel sorry for XP!
MS should think once again as this is the most stable OS by them.

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
it has served us for 7 long years... the most lovable OS in the Windows Family and probably beyond tht... is now counting its last days... June 30 will be the day when it will take its last breath... (however it will be kept on oxygen till 2-4 years). i portrayed this tragic truth in the following wallpaper and the Bliss is no more... :( :(

I'll tell you how to make that image better. First put graves of all the previous versions of Windows behind XP's grave. And then put and an empty grave besides the grave of XP and write on the tombstone Windows Vista. :D No wait, make that four empty graves for all the different versions of Vista. :lol:

ray|raven

Think Zen.
^Its 6 dude , not 4.
Cant blame you though, its too many editions for one to remember :p

*en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_Vista_editions

The Windows XP era was the most successful era microsoft ever had. Back then, systems were stable. Not many upgrade issues. From Pentium 3 to Pentium D, the processors could all comfortably run windows XP. Linux was not yet polished enough and lacked driver support, and hence hadn´t made its way to desktops. BSD was hardly even heard of. Solaris was still server exclusive. Macintosh was too uncommon. So without competition and stability in hardware architecture, Windows XP was ¨THE¨ windows. There was no other windows, once releases like 98 and 2000 were phased out. People had forgiven MS for ME. Hardware almost stagnated, because the same configuration of 256 mb DDR1 RAM was sold throughout, from ~2003 to ~2006. DirectX 9.0c was there for a looooong time, and graphics cards hence varied only in power, not specifications. HD Didn´t exist.

Lucky rascals. Nobody can get so easy a market ever again.

ray|raven

Think Zen.
Cmon , how can you not know starter?
The amazing edition of windows that runs only 3 apps max. :p

You must be joking. :D

Cmon , how can you not know starter?
The amazing edition of windows that runs only 3 apps max. :p

You must be joking. :D
thats one of the biggest jokes in the industry...

Bill Gates said:
Three applications ought to be enough for anybody. I mean, it only takes one application to crash windows, so why do you need more than that ? We offer you the choice of running three applications to crash windows, namely, Internet Explorer, Windows Media Player and Windows Explorer. Nobody can get as lenient as us you know...

OP
jal_desai

jal_desai

In the zone
Hey, quick question. What does that really mean? Does that just mean that no more updates? Or even better, just no more retail copies will be available?

Every OEM, RETAIL versions will no more be available after June 30, 2008.

Mainstream updates will end on April 24, 2009

Extended support will end on April 8, 2014

So, April 8, 2014 will mark the complete death of the giant...

mastermunj

In the zone
world never wait for anyone...

we all will also forget XP soon out of our routine lives... and same will happen with vista..

but memories will be ours..

happy XPing !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom