Broken In
My system configuration is as follows:
Pentium dual-core E5500 @ 2.80GHz
4.00 GB DDR3 RAM
nVidia GeForce 210 1GB graphics
Samsung SyncMaster 2033sw Monitor
ASUS P5G4 IC-M LX Motherboard
Windows 7 Ultimate

I am having problem with my video display (resolution).
The 'Screen Resolution' (Control Panel) shows resolutions up to 2048x1536 (see attached picture 1). The monitor is 1600x900 compatible and it was working fine. Now the screen isn't aligned properly and there is a thick, black line on the top and the right side. The monitor infact shows a resolution of 1280x960 in the menu (see attached picture 2) when set on 1600x900. The graphics drivers are very much upto date. Whenever I open up any latest game on it, the screen goes complete black and shows a message "Not optimum mode. Recommended mode: 1600x900 60Hz" (see attached picture 3). Please Help.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    190.9 KB · Views: 138
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    187.9 KB · Views: 139
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 135

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
try installing monitor driver if there's any and boot your pc using a linux live distro and check the monitor resolution there.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
buddy like I said did you check with some Linux Live distro ?? and the monitor is still showing 1280*960 instead of 1600*900 ?

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
Typical problem when we use VGA cable. You can't do anything about it but to use the resolution which is nearest to optimized resolution.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
I've never faced any such issue using a VGA cable even upto HD resolution and if it's a VGA cable issue Op better test with naother VGA cable/gfx card/monitor just to make sure which one is creating the issue actually.

Minion

Conversation Architect
My system configuration is as follows:
Pentium dual-core E5500 @ 2.80GHz
4.00 GB DDR3 RAM
nVidia GeForce 210 1GB graphics
Samsung SyncMaster 2033sw Monitor
ASUS P5G4 IC-M LX Motherboard
Windows 7 Ultimate

I am having problem with my video display (resolution).
The 'Screen Resolution' (Control Panel) shows resolutions up to 2048x1536 (see attached picture 1). The monitor is 1600x900 compatible and it was working fine. Now the screen isn't aligned properly and there is a thick, black line on the top and the right side. The monitor infact shows a resolution of 1280x960 in the menu (see attached picture 2) when set on 1600x900. The graphics drivers are very much upto date. Whenever I open up any latest game on it, the screen goes complete black and shows a message "Not optimum mode. Recommended mode: 1600x900 60Hz" (see attached picture 3). Please Help.

I think its a VGA cable issue or may be your GPU itself try removing your GPU then check if it supports.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
here's how to change/view monitor resolution in Ubuntu and for confirmation monitor's won info panel is the only right way ( 2nd image on your first post )
How to change Screen resolution in Ubuntu | Ubuntu Geek

anyway, if you still can't get 1600*900 then there's must be some issue either with the gpu or monitor .. so check the monitor using onboard gfx.

Top Bottom