Resident Evil 5 Officially announced for PC. Yipppeee!

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
Ethan_Hunt

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Yep. Got pretty much everything from a different site though. It really makes a huge difference after applying all those patches. Visually, it looks much sharper & crisper.

quan chi

mortal kombat
was going through the re5 video.seems nothing much has changed.same gameplay almost same enemies,a bit different location with improved gfx.and thats it.

OP
Ethan_Hunt

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Here's my benchmark result:

*www.imgx.org/thumbs/small/41741_c5kg0/1.JPG

Settings are with every details maxed out including motion blur & with 8X AA enabled. The joke was I ran the benchmark with both 4X AA & 8X AA, surprisingly the one with 8X AA ran much smoother & the frames didn't drop at all. :grin:

Coming to the actual benchmark, I have only 4 words, Capcom I Love You! :)

Yet another optimised game from their side. As it's clearly evident from this benchmark, not only is this game performance optimised but it's also visually enhanced. The level of detailing for pretty much everything is absolutely stunning. The game looks really crisp & also is steady in terms of frame rates.

Plasma_Snake

Indidiot
Where did u get the benching tool? I personally not a big fan of RE games. Still have RE4 in my PS2's HDD but never played it as I never made past the village raghead idiot carrying Chainsaw. Once I did came close to emptying a clip in him but he still decapitated me. Tried headshots too but nothing worked so I skipped it altogether.

Nithu

I'm in 3D Grafix world!!!
^^ can you give me the minimum & recommended system requirements for this game..

OP
Ethan_Hunt

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Where did u get the benching tool? I personally not a big fan of RE games. Still have RE4 in my PS2's HDD but never played it as I never made past the village raghead idiot carrying Chainsaw. Once I did came close to emptying a clip in him but he still decapitated me. Tried headshots too but nothing worked so I skipped it altogether.
I wasn't a huge RE fan either until RE4 came out. It was the very first game I had completed on the PS2. Give it a try again (this time with patience) & I'll guarantee you'll enjoy the later stages. I'm assuming the stop-to-shoot or over-the-shoulder cam controls are a bit frustrating compared to your standard COD 4 gunning style. Just give it some time & then you'll be enjoying zombie ass whooping action more than anything. As for Dr. Salvador (the chainsaw guy), you need to pop him down with a shotgun. The standard rifle doesn't stand a chance. One more tip: If you see him anywhere near you, run. Run your ass off. Go to certain distance & start pumping lead into him (preferable headshot).

The trick when you're surrounded by horde of enemies then you need to fish off to a safe distance & then fire. You can't stay in the middle & engage in a hand-to-hand combat. You'll get screwed that way. The more you stay quick on your feet, the more you survive. :wink:

yesh1683

In the zone
My benchmarks on HD4850..

All settings High with 8x AA at 1440x900

*inlinethumb53.webshots.com/43572/2108875980103661503S425x425Q85.jpg

Direct X 9.0c Benchmark Results Super smooth at 60 FPS
*inlinethumb24.webshots.com/6295/2348564150103661503S500x500Q85.jpg

Direct X 10 Benchmark results, dont know y but Area 3 is having trouble plays at 14 FPS but other 3 is managable at over 30 FPS, in vista 64 I got 66 FPS in Dx 9 mode compared to XP where i got 60 FPS

*inlinethumb22.webshots.com/44949/2653868480103661503S500x500Q85.jpg

OP
Ethan_Hunt

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
WOW! Looks like the DX10 benchmark shredded your system. Did you find any noticeable difference in the visual quality between DX9 & DX10?

yesh1683

In the zone
I dint see any difference
Here is a video Showing Dx9 and Dx10 side by side
*www.gametrailers.com/user-movie/resident-evil-5-dx10-vs-dx9/324693

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
ok...please don't laugh at this..

This is the result in ultra low settings..
*i30.tinypic.com/29oqx5s.jpg

This is the result in high setting AA=none
*i25.tinypic.com/ke8d1g.jpg

DX10 all set to low
*i27.tinypic.com/2hhn6m8.jpg

Dx10 all set to hight but no AA
*i30.tinypic.com/2lt1o21.jpg

Any suggestions to increase the performance, except to get a decent GFX solution....?! :wink:

OP
Ethan_Hunt

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Ditch Vista. Keep it on XP. Try to lower possible every setting to low, NO AA of course & keep the frame rate to Variable. That's about all you can do to it.

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
RE 5 looks a treat to eyes. Sadly I won't be able to enjoy it on my outdated system. This was the only game which I loved to play. :(

OP
Ethan_Hunt

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
RE 5 looks a treat to eyes. Sadly I won't be able to enjoy it on my outdated system. This was the only game which I loved to play. :(
You have no idea how much I have been waiting to play this game since it was announced. Heck I *this* close to even buying a 360 for playing this game. But I knew Capcom would announce it for PC somewhere down the line & IT DID. Now have to either wait for a playable demo or the main game to release.

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
Yeah, that's right. Many folks have been eagerly awaiting this title. Even a friend of mine enjoys RE. He is so addicted that he plays none other game on his PS2 than RE 4. In-spite of completing the game, he still just can't put down his controller :D

quan chi

mortal kombat
lol in my system using p4.at high settings 2xaa i got average 19 fps!!
medium 25fps!! low 39fps!!.sorry i havent taken any screenshot will post them later.all tests were made on 1024x768.

btw conclusion:-the game is well developed and optimised

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom