Repeated "-" problems. Stuck keys!

Status
Not open for further replies.

koolbluez

Šupər♂ - 超人
This is a $hit problem i got here.... suddenly my lappie goes into a frenzy of typing "-" whereever possible... like the key has stuck.... but i checked out the key.. no problem there afaik. Sometimes "+" is typed. Because of that i'm not able to type.. not even put my cursor in a data-entry field.. it even goes on when i use anything else.. like my browser view text size decreases (Ctrl+-). Also when i restart.. it continues.. making my lappie beeeeeeeeeeeeeppppp... as the key is still pressed i suppose.

Sometimes it stops again.. like now.. dunno when it'll come back.

Noticed that when i disconnected my docking station expansion port it stopped. My mouse was wirelessly connected to my lappie via the docking station. But prob didn't return back immediately after i plugged it in again.

It it a sw/virus issue or hardware issue? My AVG & Norton showed no probs!

I rechecked the -/+ keys. Another press (or some repeated presses) on the key would help if it was stuck. Nuthin of that sort worked.

Urgent help needed. Desperate. Any1 got that prob... not a sticky key prob i think. Please help.

If this helps... HP dv9311TX lappie with Vista Ultimate & HP 3000 series docking station.

Last edited:

Ankur Gupta

Wandering in time...
^^Dunno how is gonna help!
Anyway if its in warranty call the service guy and get in checked...
Maybe a virus but seems unlikely...
Unusual problem...maybe a corrupted file/registry in windows...try repairing windows...

goobimama

 Macboy
I've had this problem on more than one occasion (different configs). Its always that + key. Its mostly the keyboard...I replaced it and it worked fine. There was also the time when I took a pointed screwdriver and hacked the + key (after plucking the plastic button out). Dont think you should do that on your keyboard though...

In other words, I got nothing constructive for you dude.

OP
koolbluez

koolbluez

Šupər♂ - 超人
i found that the prob is removed when i remove the wireless mouse :O
not related to the docking station. not to any keyboard!

when i removed the mouse, no prob! what has a mouse to do with +s & -s!!!

Third Eye

gooby pls
I think you already figured out the problem, the wireless mouse. Maybe the mouse drivers were screwy or something.

OP
koolbluez

koolbluez

Šupər♂ - 超人
mouse drivers... screwey to an extent of typing -s & +s!!! I never expected a mouse to type in letters!!!

Any1 encountered a similar issue.. ever...?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom