Removing MS office 2003 entry from Add/Remove Panel

Status
Not open for further replies.

psnegi26136

Broken In
I have uninstalled MS office 2003 but the entry still remain in Add Remove Programme panel. Now whenever i try to re install the MS Office 2003 it says reqd patch is not available, and installation stops. This started when I formated one of my drive. How can I remove this entry and re install the office. pl help.

I am using P IV 2.4 256 mb 266 Mhz DDR SDRAM on Win XP Pro SP 2

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
If u want to remove the entry from "Add/remove" list, then open regedit and goto:

Code:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall
Under this key, u'll get several other keys. Just look for a key, which has "Display name" as "Microsoft Office" (or something like that). Delete the key and it'll remove Office entry from Add/remove list. :)

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
Download and install Office 2003 Editions Resource Kit. By using it you can uninstall MS Office completely.

*img252.imageshack.us/img252/8376/office2003editionsresoujz3.jpg

Last edited:
OP
P

psnegi26136

Broken In
No Dear Kiran,
still nothing happened. In this forum somewhere a link was given to use addremovecleaner. i used that and it removed the repair/remove option. but entry is still there. meanwhile I have installed Office XP. it has installed successfully and working. but that annoying entry of MS Office 2003 is still there.

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
In that case, you should edit the registry manually and remove the entry.
Refer the snap-shot and propagate to that entry and delete it. The registry entry number may vary. But look at the right pane of the registry editor. You should see the "Microsoft Office 2003" entry.
Close the registry editor after the process and log-off and log-in again.
The entry in the Add/remove Programs should have vanished.

*img100.imageshack.us/img100/4528/regeditgp1.th.jpg

Last edited:

sakumar79

Technomancer
You can also try to use TweakUI which lists add/remove entries and allows you to remove them... In addition, I recommend that you try a registry cleaner to remove invalid entries

Arun

CyCo

In the zone
just install the thing and again and reinstall it .. that shd give u the best proper uninstall ..

OP
P

psnegi26136

Broken In
Thank friends for all the help and advices. I think for the time being I have to live with this entry. I have searched the whole registry as you have advised but did not find any entry relating to MS office 2003. I guess this entry was already deleted by some reg cleaner I tried. and I tried quite a few. I even tried to create such entry and after rebooting deleted it, but nothing happened. For the time being I am working on Office XP.

OP
P

psnegi26136

Broken In
Hey guys,
guess what ? I came across a wonderful tool called Uninstall Tool. Its just 300kb and its free. you can down load it from this site

*www.crystalidea.com/index.php?action=show_page&name=utool

It directed me to the registry entry in one click. I deleted that entry and bingo. The problem solved, and the offending MS Office 2003 entry is off from my Add\Remove programme list.
Seeing that almost 100 guys have seen my thread I thought, I will post this solution. Hope it will help somebody.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom