Reliable Power Supply Under 1K

pratik03

Journeyman
Hi,

I want to buy good power supply strictly under 1k mark to power following components:-

Intel Pentium D 930 3.0 GHz Processor
2 HDDs
1 DVD drive
1 TV tuner card

Please suggest some good options

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
i don't think there are any good branded PSUs available inside 1k. check for zebronics platinum series. if you can increase budget, get one of these:

1. Gigabyte Superb 460W
2. FSP Saga II 400W

Piyush

Lanaya
well if you really want a reliable one, then the cheapest available here is FSP sagaII 350W @ 1.5k

but i think you can go for a zebronics PSU keeping in mind that you wont do heavy upgrades in future

saswat23

Human Spambot
Still running my 4670+ E7400 + 4GB + 3HDD's with that PSU
How many sata connectors does ur PSU have..???

BTW if u r looking for a cheap PSU then u should look for Frontech 600W PSU at 0.6k.
They are the king of of cheap PSUs and even last longer than other brands followed by Zebronics, Intex and IBall.
:D:D:D:D

cute.bandar

Cyborg Agent
well at this price point in India , you will have to risk getting only unreviewed untested PSU. There is no way of knowing how clean current the psu is providing.
that said I am using VIP 400R (280W) PSU @ 550. It comes with 3 years warranty.

Last edited:

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
How many sata connectors does ur PSU have..???

BTW if u r looking for a cheap PSU then u should look for Frontech 600W PSU at 0.6k.
They are the king of of cheap PSUs and even last longer than other brands followed by Zebronics, Intex and IBall.
:D:D:D:D

2 sata connectors. For other, you know what i did. :D

Frontech -> Changed it thrice and finally ended up with Zebby. For me, a big no for frontech, as 90% of chances it blow up, that too within 4-5 months. Trust me, i assembled around 50 systems where i used to put frontech and out of those, most of them were changed the PSU at very short span of time.

ajai5777

Youngling
Yeah..zebronics is good in desi PSUs

If you need a reliable power supply, you need to go for atleast FSP Saga II 350W @ 1.5k

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
^^ It is famous these days and at the time of my purchase, no FSP's. So finally opted to go for low-end PSU and settled with this. But soon i'll upgrade it to VX550W or Seasonic 600W or higher.

saswat23

Human Spambot
2 sata connectors. For other, you know what i did. :D

Frontech -> Changed it thrice and finally ended up with Zebby. For me, a big no for frontech, as 90% of chances it blow up, that too within 4-5 months. Trust me, i assembled around 50 systems where i used to put frontech and out of those, most of them were changed the PSU at very short span of time.

But u have 2 SATA connectors then how are u running 3HDDs. You must also be having a DVD Drive too i suppose. And that in total makes it 4 SATA connectors. So, how do all these 4 SATA drives work on just 2 SATA connectors.

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
lol..... SATA Connectors - related to motherboard
SATA Power connectors - using 4-pin-Molex-to-sata connector.

Gotcha.... :D

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
there's another good PSU brand which makes cheap PSUs ie it's colorsit.

Op can get 450W or 500W colorsit PSu around ~1k

Top Bottom