OP
dashing.sujay

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
Yes. Using it from today. 65% to 35% since evening, dual SIM (with very low reception which matters a lot), almost 5 hrs SoT, 2.5 hrs call, browsing, apps and what not.

mohit9206

Ambassador of Buzz
Yes. Using it from today. 65% to 35% since evening, dual SIM (with very low reception which matters a lot), almost 5 hrs SoT, 2.5 hrs call, browsing, apps and what not.
How is the ram management?
Read Xiomi phones have really bad ram management by default. I think you need to go into developer options and change the setting there to low.
Try to open many apps and see if any of the apps reload when switching to them.

mohit9206

Ambassador of Buzz
Did anyone read the Flipkart user reviews for this phone? Its like all of them are negative reviews even though every critic review other than phonearena praised it. Feels like shenanigans to me. Maybe samsung, Lenovo, Sony, htc, etc posting negative reviews on purpose and massively up voting it?

OP
dashing.sujay

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
How is the ram management?
Read Xiomi phones have really bad ram management by default. I think you need to go into developer options and change the setting there to low.
Try to open many apps and see if any of the apps reload when switching to them.

RAM management seems to be fine. I opened around 9 apps- Chrome (1 tab), WhatsApp, Hike, Skype, Calendar, couple of educational apps, ES explorer, Gallery (& Dialer was locked in memory). All apps were opening in same state as I minimized them. 1.1 GB of RAM was still free.

Did anyone read the Flipkart user reviews for this phone? Its like all of them are negative reviews even though every critic review other than phonearena praised it. Feels like shenanigans to me. Maybe samsung, Lenovo, Sony, htc, etc posting negative reviews on purpose and massively up voting it?

Don't know about others. I'm more than satisfied. No negative feedback as such. The only thing which I'd like Xiaomi to improve is that when I put on charge, the back of the phone heats up a bit. After putting on charge for an hour, the temperature was around 40.5 degree.

is there any camera problem?? So many negative reviews about it in GSmarena too.....

No camera problem. Though I'm not sure but HDR mode may need more refinement. I'll do a proper analysis in upcoming days.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Damn!! anybody got Redmi 3S today ?

at 12 pm today I clicked buy and then wait page..and boom..out of stock
at 12:01 pm every model was out of stock :angry_NF:

lywyre

Cyborg Agent
I bought it on the first sale and got delivered in 2 days. But only got to use it since yesterday. Cant find any heating issue or RAM management issues, though it should be noted that I haven't installed any heavy apps yet.

As I am used to Nova Launcher, installed it against MIUI launcher. However there is some bug while trying to change the wallpaper using MIUI theme selector. I guess there may be a conflict with MIUI and Nova.

The MI remote works fine for Tata Sky, Sony Bravia TV and Daikin air conditioner. Did not work for Samsung AC (tried with 2 different Samsung ACs, all ACs at office).

Those who bought this device, please share links for the accessories that you have bought (case / cover/ tempered glass etc.)

OP
dashing.sujay

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
Damn!! anybody got Redmi 3S today ?

at 12 pm today I clicked buy and then wait page..and boom..out of stock
at 12:01 pm every model was out of stock :angry_NF:

I bought one even though I clicked after 3-4 secs when the buy button got activated.

Those who bought this device, please share links for the accessories that you have bought (case / cover/ tempered glass etc.)

Bought a local one @ 99, very good quality.

true_lies

Ambassador of Buzz
caught b/w buying the 2gb or 3gb option. my need is immediate and price difference for me is a factor. might buy something better later.
just need a basic no frills phone. i dont use facebook, twitter, instagram or any such social apps
major use is for calls (cell/hangouts), whatsapp, music, mails, a bit of browsing and youtube/imdb, for gaming only Clash of Clans
have to replace my ageing S2 (CM13) and off all the phones i have searched so far, this is the only one i have come across as full vfm.
so is the 2K diff. really worth it?

true_lies

Ambassador of Buzz
Not even took a minute to be sold out this time
sale on mi.com started at noon exact, on flipkart at 11.58 but no luck
out of stock right after clicking buy now, tried 16/32 all color options

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
I bought one even though I clicked after 3-4 secs when the buy button got activated.
You are lucky!!

- - - Updated - - -

Not even took a minute to be sold out this time
sale on mi.com started at noon exact, on flipkart at 11.58 but no luck
out of stock right after clicking buy now, tried 16/32 all color options

Today also I coudn't buy the Redmi 3S..the people who actually need the phone, couln't get it

and the Scumbags who get it sells it at Higher price on eBay....moROns :angry_NF:

OP
dashing.sujay

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
Been using my 3S Prime for past week. I'd like to post some initial impressions:

Positives:

• Battery back up is god like. 2 days can be easily achieved without doing anything additional (like Greenify), with above-average usage.
  • Phone feels very light weight and very easy to handle but the back surface is quite smooth so a slip can occur anytime so caution there.
  • No performance issues so far. Multi taskers shouldn't face a glitch. 10 parallel apps (barring games coz haven't tested them) won't be a problem.
  • Fingerprint reader is very fast. In fact when I used Redmi Note 3, I felt the latter's sensor a bit slower. But that was a very short experience so may be I'm wrong.

Negatives:

• There is a very serious issue with microphone which results into a virtual situation where it feels like voice is coming from a distance. Even though this issue occurs quite rare, say 1-2% of total call duration, and stays for only a couple of seconds but it irritates to repeat what you just said. I bought 2 3S prime, and the problem exists in both. The other one experiences less problem than mine. Also, my friend's mother has got Redmi 2 Prime, which too has got this problem (and I got to know that after this fiasco). Strange, I never heard of this problem ever before. I seriously hope it is a software glitch and gets solved in a update.
  • Vibration stops working every now and then. Ringing vibration, tap vibration, haptic feedback and the 3 function keys, all stop giving vibration. This problem comes and goes on its own. No idea why it's occurring. Haven't checked that if it's also occurring in the other phone.
  • Phone gets quite hot while charging (up to 43 degrees). And sometimes, I repeat only sometimes, a bit warm at the back during intense 3G use, say when using a hotspot for an hour or so.
  • Still no news of Android N when Redmi Note 3 has already been announced to get :|

Top Bottom