RED ALERT 2 - COMMAND & CONQUER - NOT RESPONDINE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nariman

Journeyman

My grand son used to play Red Alert2 on my old Win 98 system.
Since I have updated to WinXP Pro on a P4 2.80 HTT with 2 x 256 mb DDR SDRAM and Radeon RADEON 9200 SERIES [Display adapter) the game does not play.

It starts by showing an oblong box with Red Alert 2 Command & Comquer logo.
Thereafter some few seconds I am returned to the desktop.
After a few seconds the screen becomes black as if something is going to happen I am returned back to the desktop without any message.

I have updated the drivers but to no avail.

Can someone of you help me out to sort this problem ?

Regards
Nariman

bharathbala2003

why need title?
first this belongs to gamerz :) anyways mods will move it no probs :wink: did u install the Direct X 9.0c on ya comp the latest one? if not install it. also try reinstalling the game :)

OP
N

Nariman

Journeyman
Hi.
Have the latest Direct X 9.0c. have uninstalled and installed the game several times but with no luck.
It does not work in any of the compatibility modes viz. 95, 98/Me, etc.

Any further suggestions ?
Nariman

kiran_k

Broken In
Generally some of older games have compatiblity problems with SP2, and some have problems with better hardware.
ex I could not play Insane, just bcoz i had better hardware then was required, this was told to me by customer care itself.

what I am going to tell you now is extremely serious read every word of it b4 u actually do it, if you have any doubts pls let me know
also pls check if the game is designed to run on XP, if not
try this,
if you still have 98 installed copy files from c:\windows\system to winXP drive
i.e d:\windows\system. it may ask to replace any exixting files, click on NO and then ur game will work fine.

warning: donot click on YES, or donot replace in system32 folder, if you do it your windows XP may become USELESS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom