recovering video frm zip/rar,help me???

Status
Not open for further replies.

paul_007

Padawan
i was downloading a video file from rapidshare which was inside a zip file , it was 32 mb file size , but due to sudden LAN disconnection , the downloading failed at around 98 % and it downloaded only 31 mb

and now when i open this file it shows file is corrupted.....(obviously it will show this)

now, can i recover whatever amount i have downloade ,from the corrupted zip file cause i dont wanaa download it again.

pls help...

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
Once I faced the same problem! I was d/l ing approx. 250MB Video (RAR file) and in Final stage, The connection got disconnected. :(
What I did, I try to extract the file, it started extracting and at approx. 90% it gave ERROR. So I got an Idea. I again started to extract it and as soon as it reached to 90%, I just clicked on PAUSE button and then copied/pasted the extracted contents to another location. :D It worked and I could watch that extracted movie.

OP
P

paul_007

Padawan
thnx 4 ur help, but my file is a pass word protected file and i'm using winrar, the moment i click on extract it shows the error .....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom