recover deleted partition

akhandal96

Right off the assembly line
Today I had Ubuntu 12.10 instaled by wubi and windows XP,I messed up the ubuntu so I had to remove it,i un-installed it but still there were ext and swap partitions ,to remove them I booted into ubuntu 11.10 and using Gparted I removed it,and tried to install 11.10 using the advanced option to set partition and swap size,and it crashed,and stated that due to faulty CD/DVD or Hardrive the installation was not successful,and so i tried to repair the main C drive NTFS as it was labelled by Gparted about having issues with it,and I again messed it up,and lost the C drive,now I do not have windows nor ubuntu and I am posting this thread using ubuntu 11.10 live CD.I tried to repair the C drive cause it stucked in bootloop,it restarts just after showing the windows loading screen.
I had 8 drives at first - C,D,E,F,G,H,I,J ,and right nowthere is no windows nor ubuntu,but using this live CD,I can view all the files in my D,F,G,H,I,J ,there it is also showing 29GB filesystem which I suspect it to be my E drive,there's is no C drive.

Is there a way to reinstall my XP SP3 without effecting all these partitions or a way to securely recover the C partition?

I can't even install ubuntu as it always crashes now,using wubi there were no problems rather then speed issues,but wubi won't even work without windows.

Help,I do not want to format the whole system,make a backup and all which would take a lot of time.
Or post a link,or source from where I could clone my whole drive and then recover all the files when I install win 7 and ubuntu 12.04LTS

gameranand

Living to Play
Buddy you did messed up everything so the best option is what you don't want to do. make Backup and reinstall everything properly. :)

ratul

█████████████████
I once deleted a partition in my PC, which was successfully recovered through EaseUs Partition Recovery, so you can try that..
As you wiped your system drive, try to make a Windows PE USB, and try to run Partition Recovery on it, have'nt tried it in PE Environment, but i think it should work..

Flake

Linux User
I would suggest you to try testdisk. Its available in PartedMagic LiveCD/USB or install it in Ubuntu LiveCD. testdisk is available in Ubuntu sources too. One of the best tool to manage partition and you can recover deleted partition with it easily.

Vignesh B

Youngling
Today I had Ubuntu 12.10 instaled by wubi and windows XP,I messed up the ubuntu so I had to remove it,i un-installed it but still there were ext and swap partitions ,to remove them I booted into ubuntu 11.10 and using Gparted I removed it,and tried to install 11.10 using the advanced option to set partition and swap size,and it crashed,and stated that due to faulty CD/DVD or Hardrive the installation was not successful,and so i tried to repair the main C drive NTFS as it was labelled by Gparted about having issues with it,and I again messed it up,and lost the C drive,now I do not have windows nor ubuntu and I am posting this thread using ubuntu 11.10 live CD.I tried to repair the C drive cause it stucked in bootloop,it restarts just after showing the windows loading screen.
I had 8 drives at first - C,D,E,F,G,H,I,J ,and right nowthere is no windows nor ubuntu,but using this live CD,I can view all the files in my D,F,G,H,I,J ,there it is also showing 29GB filesystem which I suspect it to be my E drive,there's is no C drive.

Is there a way to reinstall my XP SP3 without effecting all these partitions or a way to securely recover the C partition?

I can't even install ubuntu as it always crashes now,using wubi there were no problems rather then speed issues,but wubi won't even work without windows.

Help,I do not want to format the whole system,make a backup and all which would take a lot of time.
Or post a link,or source from where I could clone my whole drive and then recover all the files when I install win 7 and ubuntu 12.04LTS
Try Clonezilla to clone your drive. Then install everything properly, after that restore the required files from the image.
You can also clone using the Ubuntu Live CD without any additional software using this guide. Though I won't recommend you doing that since if you don't follow even a single step to the word, you can mess up your system even more.