recover data from formated / del partition HDD

Alive_Hunter

In the zone
For my Laptop HDD, 500GB Samsung,

this hdd had gone exteremly slow...
So i was trying out installation of fresh Win7 & Ubuntu...
In this process mistakenly i formatted the HDD and delelted the partition...

There was some important data on the HDD partition..

Is there anyway i can recover some of the important data ? any software which can recover it from RAW?

doomgiver

Warframe
first, the warnings : DONOT USE THE HARD DISK. you may need lots of storage space. always work with a backup which is in a safe place.

clone entire hard drive (it'll make an image file, iso or something), make a copy of it for backup, and work with the 2nd one.
mount it in a virtual drive, and use a recovery software like recuva, photorec or something.

you'll need some linux knowledge, or use a virtual OS, if you're so inclined.
also, USE A PORTABLE OS, like a linux live cd/usb. try to connect the harddrive externally via usb.

more reading :
Data Recovery in Linux, Part-1 - Open Source For You

TestDisk - CGSecurity

I'd recommend testdisk, it managed to partially recover files from a portable drive with bad sectors.

OP
A

Alive_Hunter

In the zone
tonight .. i will try to connect this HDD to my Desktop (which is having Win7) as a secondary HDD and try to recovery the Data ..
hope so the desktop detects the HDD ...!!

Instead of ubuntu.
Connect hard drive with another workable windows computer.
And Try to recover with Active file recovery

Once I formated whole drive while installing ubuntu.

OP
A

Alive_Hunter

In the zone
the same thing happened to me... i formated the whole drive while installing ubuntu...!! :(
now i will be connecting this HDD to my desktop with Win7..

doomgiver

Warframe
i'd advise NOT USING windows to do any kind of recovery, since it auto-mounts disks, and that may seriously **** up whats left of your data.

Ironman

In the zone
I can do it for you if you like
But you have to send it to me
I personally have recovered data from a few cases . so i might be able to help you.

For a Price That is !:lol:

Top Bottom