Recommend : 2.1 Speaker Set

Status
Not open for further replies.

ring_wraith

=--=l33t=--=
I've decided to finally replace the crap creative speakers that adorn my bedstand. But I'm totally lost when it comes to speakers. So, I'd really like some suggestions!!

The ".1" is mandatory. I need a sub-woofer [gotta love Base] and not willing to spend too much. About 2 - 2.5k, unless there is a significant improvement to be had for a mild price increase. Their primary, and only function is going to to be to play music. I listen to rather varied types of music. Practically anything actually, except Country.I'm going to use my iPod Nano as a source, so will driving the speakers be an issue?

Suggestions, unless pointless, are welcome! :p

I need to a new set soon, so some suggestions, please.

Last edited:
OP
ring_wraith

ring_wraith

=--=l33t=--=
I just looked around a bit, how is the Altec Lansing VS4121? I've heard that its a remake of the ATP3, which got some great reviews.

hellknight

BSD init pwns System V
yeah ATP3 is a nice series of mid-range offering from Altec Lansing.. they're good.. if you can stretch your budget i recommend you go for Altec Lansig MX 5021.. these nice ones won every best buy award in every magazine since last 4-5 years..

aura

Sync dreams to reality
Since 2.5k is not a very large sum to be spend for buying 2.1 speakers I think you can afford Creative Inspire or any good Philips speakers at this price range.

Altec Lansing MX 5021 is definitely the next to the best among speakers(best is BOSE) but it will cost you 7k which is way beyond your budget.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom