Reason for not buying thinkdigit

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

haradeep

Hi,

I used to buy every edition of thinkdigit.

Now I'm using 64bit OS. Preloaded laptop version and on desktop I use only Linux.

Most of the softwares are unable to install on my computers.

My last edition was windows 7 service pack 1's edition.

I bought it for only windows 7 service pack 1, but when I tried it its 32 bit.

Please thinkdigit, think, all are upgrading to 64bit. If you start 64bit, then only I will buy thinkdigit.

For Linux I'm buying another new linux magazine(I will not name it)

R2K

In the Zone
LOL...good luck with that...:D
I would recommend getting a broadband connection ( preferably with Unlimited bandwidth) rather than buying magazines for softwares and other contends on their free DVD..
I still don't get point with ppl actually purchasing these magazines not for their articles but for the softwares they bundle on DVD which are actually freely available on internet.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think 32-bit apps run fine in Windows 64-bit as all consumer grade processors are amd64/x86-64 and backward compatible.

TheHumanBot

Padawan
i thought its going to be fun thread members will argue for buying or not to buy digit.
damn you.

good luck with your new mag. :D

Last edited:

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Please thinkdigit, think, all are upgrading to 64bit. If you start 64bit, then only I will buy thinkdigit.

Even I m using Win7 64bit I must say that all my 32bits apps are working fine in 64bit...

but I make sure that I get all x64drivers for my system...

For Linux I'm buying another new linux magazine(I will not name it)
what will happen even if u name it here?

R2K

In the Zone
And you think the content is good ? :D

I was just saying it in general:-D
and FYI I didn't buy a single issue of think digit yet..:-D

Whats the point of waiting for a whole month for every issue..Even some of the simple blogs out there churn out better articles than those that gets published on these magazines:)

Last edited:

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Whats the point of waiting for a whole month for every issue..Even many simple blogs out there churn out better articles than those that gets published on these magazines:)

:lol: instead of buying hardcopy download PDF...& take printouts

I was just saying it in general:-D
and FYI I didn't buy a single issue of think digit yet..:-D

Whats the point of waiting for a whole month for every issue..Even some of the simple blogs out there churn out better articles than those that gets published on these magazines:)

I agree to everything that you say except the bold part.

There writing is good ! But 1 month for news to reach your doorstep is too long in this world.

I however like the comparison and testing .

Sarath

iDota
Spending Rs.150 bucks just for the SP1 in the Digit DVD is a bad investment.

I still love the magazine. For some strange reason despite the option to skip the DVDs and only pay for the mag I still get the entire package. So Rs.50 for coasters every month is again a bad investment. Hi fi bro! :-D

Tech&ME

Banned
Ya in this age of internet with good speed broadband connection, magazine DVDs are not worth it.

As OP's problem, he can order a FREE SP1 DVD from Microsoft directly : From Here

Note :

1. Enable cookies for the site.
2. Shipping charge will apply (Just $5)
3. Maximum you get 3 DVD's with your SINGLE order.

Last edited:

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
^^ Is it true? :lol:

@OP

Get a BB connection, download it for free from MS website (correct me if i a wrong)

This thread is full of lulz.... :D

Tech&ME

Banned
^^ Is it true? :lol:

@OP

Get a BB connection, download it for free from MS website (correct me if i a wrong)

This thread is full of lulz.... :D

Try it............ it works for dumbs only not for you!! :grin: (pay Rs 900/- for shipping :lol:)

But I had received Windows XP SP2 CD for FREE , no shipping charges or anything. They sent it from Singapore!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom