Read about mice before making a purchase .

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
yes its good, but is your hand big enough?

well that was what players did before, really old school players in the time of AC|D i guess 2005 era... since 2008, everyone shifted to medium-high sensi. if you dont believe me, check yourself for spawn.cfg and walle.cfg

Yes it is, But i don't think theres any shop where i can try it out

OP
NoasArcAngel

NoasArcAngel

Wise Old Owl
Yes it is, But i don't think theres any shop where i can try it out

do you have any local gaming cafe in mangalore? you can try that there... or else if you just want to check the comfort and grip, the box allows you to hold the mouse...

*www.pcgameware.co.uk/images/Logitech-G400-Box-Shot.jpg

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
well that was what players did before, really old school players in the time of AC|D i guess 2005 era... since 2008, everyone shifted to medium-high sensi. if you dont believe me, check yourself for spawn.cfg and walle.cfg

I too belong from same era. And I didn't say I don't believe you, may be it's changed in course of time; I'm just out of the league since long. :)

OP
NoasArcAngel

NoasArcAngel

Wise Old Owl
I too belong from same era. And I didn't say I don't believe you, may be it's changed in course of time; I'm just out of the league since long. :)

lol, nvm im not blaming you .. im just saying... :)

that was the golden era... lol i remember lining up outside the gaming cafe to play cs on LAN

Digital Fragger

A Functioning God
i never thought mouse makes such impact. i should have believed you when you said it before the game. :p

very helpful guide. should be stickied.

OP
NoasArcAngel

NoasArcAngel

Wise Old Owl
Are these usefull for games like DOTA? what difference will it give

these mice are for FPS / TPS only. If you want to use a mouse primarily for RPG, RTS then ill suggest get a razer with extra buttons. The difference with a good gaming mouse in RTS is that you can add functions / macros to buttons which you would have to manually execute via the keyboard, also browsing through the game becomes easy because of the high dpi.

i will be posting a list for rpg, mmorpg mice after i have totally completed FPS.

i never thought mouse makes such impact. i should have believed you when you said it before the game. :p

very helpful guide. should be stickied.

thanks, yes that was some match :D

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
Well, can you please tell what advantage i get with these mouses?
1)How can any one play with such fast mouses?
2)What does DPI do, What is the advantage of a 3200 DPI
3)Then again, you said something about how sensivity..3.0/3.5 is best for CS

Anyways i Wont be using those extra button G400 has 2-3 extra buttons?

Umm.. So for a 1440x900/1600x900 a 3200 DPI is enough?

OP
NoasArcAngel

NoasArcAngel

Wise Old Owl
Well, can you please tell what advantage i get with these mouses?
1)How can any one play with such fast mouses?
2)What does DPI do, What is the advantage of a 3200 DPI
3)Then again, you said something about how sensivity..3.0/3.5 is best for CS

Anyways i Wont be using those extra button G400 has 2-3 extra buttons?

Umm.. So for a 1440x900/1600x900 a 3200 DPI is enough?

just tell me which games do you want to play?

1. The only way you play with such a mouse, is to use its native dpi and reduce your in game sensitivity.
2. I already mentioned about dpi and cpi refer to that.
3. do you plan on playing cs?

for anything upto 1080p using a 3200 DPI mouse is more than enough.

g400 has total 8 programmable buttons

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
I am making a transition form Controller to KBD/Mouse, I am well versed with a controller i.e., my muscle memory is really good for a controller. but im finding it a little tough on mouse/kbd, need to practice a lot :p .

Thanks for the guide.

EDIT: I am having one issue after the mouse change apart from using mouse in games, the previous MS mouse I used I have my index finger and middle finger for Left and Right click respectively and also that mouse tiny, but now with G400, my middle finger rests on the mouse wheel, I was wondering why I had problem in ADS :p ,

Also I need to change my chair as previously my hands rested on my thighs (when using controller) but now my elbow doesn't rest on the desk at all :(

Last edited:
OP
NoasArcAngel

NoasArcAngel

Wise Old Owl
I am making a transition form Controller to KBD/Mouse, I am well versed with a controller i.e., my muscle memory is really good for a controller. but im finding it a little tough on mouse/kbd, need to practice a lot :p .

Thanks for the guide.

there is a simple solution for that, stop playing for sometime. And practice some wrist and finger exercises..

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
^^^ Edited my previous post.

BTW.. I am thinking to stop playing BF3 for sometime and play HL Series, I had bought it two months ago but didn't play it (Orange Box).

mitraark

Decrepit
Thanks for all the info, much appreciated !

I have been playing CS 1.6 casually for quite a while now, maybe these are all known to more serious players but ut was throughroughly enlightening for me.

OP
NoasArcAngel

NoasArcAngel

Wise Old Owl
EDIT: I am having one issue after the mouse change apart from using mouse in games, the previous MS mouse I used I have my index finger and middle finger for Left and Right click respectively and also that mouse tiny, but now with G400, my middle finger rests on the mouse wheel, I was wondering why I had problem in ADS :p ,

Also I need to change my chair as previously my hands rested on my thighs (when using controller) but now my elbow doesn't rest on the desk at all :(

as far as the finger configuration is concerned, its not a big problem and can be remedied easily. If you are comfortable with this then fine, you really dont need to have your index finger on left and middle finger on the right click.

Thanks for all the info, much appreciated !

I have been playing CS 1.6 casually for quite a while now, maybe these are all known to more serious players but ut was throughroughly enlightening for me.

This guide is not only for cs players, but applies to generally any FPS.

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Good article.
However I never thought before buying a mice, that's why I purchased the G5 and suffered. My palm felt like it's broke. From that day I realized it's the palm grip I need, not claw.
I'm really scared what'll happen when my G9 will die. I have never been comfortable with a mice like this before.
Really everyone should read an article like this before buying. A comfy mice, especially for gamers and long time players make things so pleasurable.

Top Bottom