Re:Norton Virus

Status
Not open for further replies.

harmads

Journeyman
Hi all

I just bought a Compaq Presario Laptop, preinstalled with Windows Vista and a trial version of Norton AntiVirus. Now I know this will start giving me problem as soon as it expires. Since I have access to a corporate copy- edition 10, I tried loading that and it said "Incompatible" Any solutions ?? I know my office uses the the corporate version and is very stable and have no issues ...

Will appreciate comments and inputs
Thanks

NucleusKore

TheSaint
Re: Norton Virus

1. Uninstall norton antivirus and make sure that your firewall is enabled.
2. Go to *www.aol.com and sign up for an email account
3. Then login to *safety.aol.com and download AOL antivirus. Its a free McAfee antivirus

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting

Download a free tool from Symantec Called, Norton Removal Tool use it to remove Norton AVS completely from ur PC, then try the installation for CE 10.1..

Note by default CE 10 is not compatible with Windows Vista, there is seperate version of Symantec CE 10.1 which is only ment for Windows Vista or Server 2008 platform :)

OP
H

harmads

Journeyman

Thanks NcleusKore .. will AOL be workable in India ??

Thanks ChotoCheeta.. will that mean I'll have to stick to this version only and eventually pay recurrently..Can you suggest a free'r solution ? I would appreciate..
Does Mcafee have a version for Vista ?

Thanks

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting

@harmads

for free alternative the AVAST or AVG is good :)

now I personally would suggest think for Kaspersky Internet Security which is a paid software and its Rs. 850/- in Kolkata for the one yr OEM version :).. its considers to be as one of the best

OP
H

harmads

Journeyman

Thanks friend..

Do you think they are gud substitute to NAV and will serve the purpose fully with all recent definitions etc...

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting

harmads said:
Thanks friend..

Do you think they are gud substitute to NAV and will serve the purpose fully with all recent definitions etc...

we have difference in opinion when u compare Free stuff like Avast vs Notron or AVG vs Norton ... many users will give many verdict :p

but when you compare KIS vs NIS (Norton Internet security) then there is no doubt 10 out of 10 user would vote KIS is better than Norton at all aspect :D

NucleusKore

TheSaint

harmads said:
Thanks NcleusKore .. will AOL be workable in India ??

Thanks ChotoCheeta.. will that mean I'll have to stick to this version only and eventually pay recurrently..Can you suggest a free'r solution ? I would appreciate..
Does Mcafee have a version for Vista ?

Thanks

yes it will, if you first register for an aol email account, and THEN use that username and pass to login to *safety.aol.com and download the antivirus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom