Ram recognizing error

Status
Not open for further replies.

yrana2002

Ambassador of Buzz
I got 2GB RAM in my laptop of 160GB hard disk.. The thing ive noticed is, even though i have a 2GB DDR2 Ram module installed, my system only shows 1.75GB

I know that system does reserve some amount of memory.. but ive seen other systems with 2GB ram, where it displays 1.83GB installed

Is there anything wrong with my sytem? Is it ok to increase the RAM available for usage?

gk2k

gkbhat.blogspot.com
Some amount of ram is used for the graphics card.May be the graphics ram is set to 256mb in yours so it is showing 1.75gb. You can increase the amount of ram by decreasing the graphics memory in the bios.

OP
yrana2002

yrana2002

Ambassador of Buzz
Well, i thought so, but i wanted to know whether reducing ram for my graphic would have any difference on my game running capability..

also, is it possible to set higher amount of ram for the graphics?

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
About setting it higher -->> Depends but AFAIK 256MB will be the max :|. On some laptops and mobos, it can go higher. Check it out in the BIOS.

About lowering it -->> Yus, it will definitely have an impact on your game's performance.

OP
yrana2002

yrana2002

Ambassador of Buzz
Well, i basically got a Nvidia Geforece go 7000M card, and i found out that it supports 256MB dedicated memory and 648MB shared memory...

So, is there anything to do with the "Shared" part?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom