RAM problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

roxisayshi

Broken In
friends, i m facing a strange problem.
i hav 2 sd ram 133 mhz each.both of hynix.
the problem is that i cannot start my computer when both the RAMs are inserted in the slots together.the BLUE screen comes with some messages when my window xp starts loading.
i hav tried booting my system with 1 RAM at a time and it works just fine in both the slots.so the problem arises when both the RAMs are inserted together.
plz help me!!!!

i would like to tell u people that some time before i was facing this same problem .but in that case 1 RAM was faulty so i changed that RAM and brought the new one of same frequency i.e 133 mhz.but again i m facing the same problem dis time both the RAMs functioning properly.

jay4u

In the zone
if u r damm sure that both rams are fine.. amd i mean really fine.. then i think its the ram slot that is causing the problem......

since the comp runs fine with one ram... any one ram ... and if u have 3 or 4 slots ... try using different combination of slots.....

jay4u

In the zone
if u r damm sure that both rams are fine.. amd i mean really fine.. then i think its the ram slot that is causing the problem......

since the comp runs fine with one ram... any one ram ... and if u have 3 or 4 slots ... try using different combination of slots.....

OP
R

roxisayshi

Broken In
hi jay4u
i hav only two RAm slots on my mobo and i hav tried both of them .they are working fine with both the RAMs.

dIgItaL_BrAt

Cyborg Agent
Both the RAM chips are incompatible with each other,buy a chip which is the same as one of the chips u already have (same manufacturer).

h_kunte

Journeyman
Try cleaning the RAM slots....& then try using them with the existing stix which u have...Also try using 2 altogether different RAM stix & check whether they work in tandem....

HK

phatratt

In the zone
u r facing incompatiblity problems,try installing a 100mhz stick and check if the problem occurs.If the RAM is completely doomed u pc will refuse to boot and starts crying with a looong beep.

OP
R

roxisayshi

Broken In
thax for the support.

but is this possible thar two RAMs of same frequency and of same manufacturer hav incompatibility problem?

may be my mobo has some fault..........

phatratt

In the zone
roxisayshi said:
thax for the support.

but is this possible thar two RAMs of same frequency and of same manufacturer hav incompatibility problem?

may be my mobo has some fault..........

nope not a problem at all if u have 2 RAM sticks with same frequency and same manufacturers,infact I have 2 RAM sticks of 128MB each with one being HYNIX and the other Kingston,I don't find any problem with same or different manufacturers,its the frequenct that matters.Check u'r mobo manual if it supports 133mhz if it does then u'r mobo could be at fault.

Also there are several mobo which comes with 4 slots(A,B,C,D)try installing on alternate slots like A&C or B&D not A&B or C&D it can be easily identified by colour coding.This means they support double bandwidth mode or something like that(correct me if I am wrong)

OP
R

roxisayshi

Broken In
hi phatratt
i am using these 133mhz RAM chips for the past 1 year.so my mobo does support the RAMs of this frequency.

so now i m sure that problem is with my mobo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom