ram frequency??Urgent??

Status
Not open for further replies.

herc

Tech Junkie'
guys i am new here as u can c... how do i get to know abt the frequency at which a ram is working.. coz my vendor isnt helping...

nileshgr

Wise Old Owl
herc said:
guys i am new here as u can c... how do i get to know abt the frequency at which a ram is working.. coz my vendor isnt helping...
what's ur comp. conf. ?

Last edited:
OP
herc

herc

Tech Junkie'
its p42.4, 40gb, 256 ram, 845 gigabyte, mx4000, dvd rom

Last edited:

nileshgr

Wise Old Owl
herc said:
its p42.4, 40gb, 256 ram, 845 gigabyte, mx4000, dvd rom
If you really wanna know the freq. remove RAM from the m/b. It must be printed on it or there may be a sticker depending on the company of the RAM.

Chip specification

1. DDR-200: DDR-SDRAM memory chips specified to operate at 100 MHz
  2. DDR-266: DDR-SDRAM memory chips specified to operate at 133 MHz
  3. DDR-333: DDR-SDRAM memory chips specified to operate at 166 MHz
  4. DDR-400: DDR-SDRAM memory chips specified to operate at 200 MHz

Last edited:
OP
herc

herc

Tech Junkie'
thanks to u 2 u solved my problem also...ditto for the rep here.
Errr how do u do tht?

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS
see if u wanna know frequency of ram when connected to mobo ..uc an d/l CPU-Z (google it) and then u will know everything abt ur ram....

If u wanna knw abt frequency then good company rams have stickers mentioning the speed.... :D

u can also check it from ur BIOS..no need of any special tool..in Bios its clearly mentioned the amount of memory u have and the speed at which its operating...845 chips support a maximum of 333MHz...no matter how fast ur RAM is,u cant operate it beyond ur CPU levels..

gaurav_indian

CG Artist
Use Everest home edition its freeware.It will give u all info about ram and other hardwares.

*www.filehippo.com/download_everest_home/

shantanu

Technomancer
ohhoo i didnt say that to you buddy !!! i should have quoted .. sorry !! i said this to the thread starter so that he can download... MISS - under -standing :D:D:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom