RAM Compatibility

Flash

Lost in speed
I currently have Transcend (2GB+4GB) RAM in Dual Channel mode, and i want to replace 2GB with 8GB RAM for overall 12GB RAM (4+8).

Am getting an offer for Corsair Vengeance 8GB RAM secondhand . Since its advisable to have same brand RAM/Latency/Speed, i doubt whether the Corsair Vengeance 8GB will work along with Transcend 4GB RAM.

Below are the model & specifications.

Transcend (2GB +4GB) - DDR3-1333 U-DIMM (JetRam)
Corsair Vengeance 8GB RAM - *www.corsair.com/uk/en/Categories/P...ce®-—-8GB-DDR3-Memory-Kit/p/CMZ8GX3M1A1600C10

Can you please advise on whether these will work together?

nac

Aspiring Novelist
I have used different brand (in fact one of 'em is a fake) and it worked fine for about 3 years before the fake one went kaput. So my guess would be, it will work and @ the lowest frequency of the two you use.
There are cases same brand same sticks give some troubles and there are cases different works fine. Since it's a second hand, ask the seller if you can try it once before buying.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
What you currently have is not an ideal dual channel config,not identical sticks are far from achieving same dual channel performance as identical ram sticks. Both are 1.5v sticks so they should be able to work together but no guarantee.

Top Bottom