RAM Compatibility issue (Intel DG31PR with PC800)

rachitsaran

Broken In
Hi,

Am using Intel DG31PR with DDR2 Hyundai PC2 - 5300 (333Mhz) RAM (1GB) ... I recently bought another DDR2 RAM (Hynix 1gb PC800) which is from Hynix (I know I should have bought the same RAM) ... Problem is the comp. wont boot with the new RAM on any slot ... no combination would work ... I mean even if I try to boot with only the new RAM, on any slot it won't work... forget about dual slots

I am bewildered ... I searched the net too, but to no avail ...

Need HELP !!!

kARTechnology

Sony " VA" "IO"
I have same issue but a very old mobo.
Its a ASUS K8v-MX. initially it had 256mb Hynix DDR 333MHz RAM.
Now I got 1GB Crucial @ 333MHz at eBay for re.700/- (used but description said it was at excellent condition) but it won't boot with the new ram in. after many tries i got to the windows xp loading and was seeing the system properties window. sudddenly a black screen, no HDD activity.
Restarted. again same . after that black screen immediately after power on. removed new ram and put in old one(256MB), it worked.

Crucial memory finder says :Guranteed- Compatible"

I sent the eBay seller a message and no reply...Tries bios update to latest version, clear RAM gold contats with eraser, reset cmos, pull out battery

icebags

Technomancer
get the ram checked on another mobo. and try to get a replacement.

if the ram is ok, talk to the shop, if they can give you a better brand like corsair/gskill.....

Naxal

Little Kid
I sent the eBay seller a message and no reply...Tries bios update to latest version, clear RAM gold contats with eraser, reset cmos, pull out battery

Send message to eBay as it seems you got dupped !!!

From your description, it seems the RAM module is faulty and seller cheated !!

kARTechnology

Sony " VA" "IO"
Send message to eBay as it seems you got dupped !!!

From your description, it seems the RAM module is faulty and seller cheated !!

hey thanks, but he replied :-D

"don't worry sir, we will replace it"

he didn't say me when he is sending me or how i should send the defecitve ram... :-(

Naxal

Little Kid
hey thanks, but he replied :-D

"don't worry sir, we will replace it"

he didn't say me when he is sending me or how i should send the defecitve ram... :-(

Communicate and see what way he prefers, better to ask him to book a Pick from your place (address), in that case it will save your shipping charges !!

kARTechnology

Sony " VA" "IO"
Communicate and see what way he prefers, better to ask him to book a Pick from your place (address), in that case it will save your shipping charges !!

yep that's what i sent him, didnt reply still...he takes 1 day every time to reply me :evil:

OP
R

rachitsaran

Broken In
Ok ... sorry for the late replies ... But, I also bought it from e-bay ... The first RAM I got was faulty too ... same problem... so I got it replaced from the seller ...
The 2nd unit he has sent is also facing the same issue ... suggestions?

kARTechnology

Sony " VA" "IO"
Ok ... sorry for the late replies ... But, I also bought it from e-bay ... The first RAM I got was faulty too ... same problem... so I got it replaced from the seller ...
The 2nd unit he has sent is also facing the same issue ... suggestions?

so fast!!!
okay my seller is saying me to first send the item. How did u send it and how much it costs?

OP
R

rachitsaran

Broken In
easy ... used first flight ... charged 60 or 70 rs, don't remember ... actually i had ordered the RAM in Nov. 1st week, got it in 2nd week, resent it in Dec. 1st week and got it back day before yesterday ... But the problem is still there ...

kARTechnology

Sony " VA" "IO"
easy ... used first flight ... charged 60 or 70 rs, don't remember ... actually i had ordered the RAM in Nov. 1st week, got it in 2nd week, resent it in Dec. 1st week and got it back day before yesterday ... But the problem is still there ...

So ebay is verrrrrry slow...idk why my seller replies only 1 time a day, really angry...should I contact ebay support? Now I am communicating via messages in ebay

OP
R

rachitsaran

Broken In
Just send the RAM to him, then call him on his mobile / office number ... tell him that the RAM is on its way, should reach you in a day or two ... Then, do tell him that you expect the RAM back in your hands in a week, else you would have no choice but to contact e-bay support as the 1 month guarantee is running out ... that should surely wake him up from his slumber ...

@ All ...

Anyone who can help out with the RAM issue? Any tests I should run? Should I contact a local vendor?

OP
R

rachitsaran

Broken In
Yes, I told the ebay seller that this is a faulty RAM, I tried it on both the slots, with and without the RAM I already have ... He sent me a replacement within a week and it isn't working either ...

kARTechnology

Sony " VA" "IO"
Yes, I told the ebay seller that this is a faulty RAM, I tried it on both the slots, with and without the RAM I already have ... He sent me a replacement within a week and it isn't working either ...

if the third ram fails,get the ram checked at local computer shop , if it didn't work there also, contact eBay for refund

Top Bottom