RAM Compaitability Problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

maninder4k

Broken In
My friend's RAM is now gone crazy because we found that his RAM is now not compatible with his own motherboard after 2 years. When we install that RAM on other PC's then it works! His computer works on my RAM that means the ultimate problem is occurring due to that RAM but actually that RAM works on all other PC's?

RAM Specification : 1GB DDR2 800 MHz :-?

Last edited:

Sujeet

Undead!!!
If RAM passes memtes86 then your friends Motherboard might be having some issues.
Ask him to clean the whole internals of PC and the ram slots then try reseating RAM modules in different slot.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
@ OP - you are saying that the Ram module worked for 2 years without any issue in your friend's pc and after 2 years of use it's having issues and now the ram module is working fine on every other pc but not on your friend's pc.

What's the exact issue your friend is facing - post in details ?

Do your friend only have a single ram module ? Did your friend try that ram module on every ram slots of the mobo ? Did your friend made any kind of changes like bios setting or Bios update before the issue occurs ?

Answer all these questions and also try the methods suggested by other members.

OP
maninder4k

maninder4k

Broken In
Unfortunately Today He Exchanged his RAM & Now I am unable to find out the Actual Problem :(
But A Humble Thanks to All who Replied :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.