Rajnikant is a bigger international brand than bollywood

Status
Not open for further replies.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
@Viathy.. sorry I cannot provide a background explanation. I just know that there are many fans in japan. I was just trying to find if there is any fanclubs run by non-indians by google and found some of the posts which I gave. Im not sure, but I read that they were planing to shoot a song/sequence in japan for shivaji but was cancled as it would have created havoc in japan, sorry i cannot remember where I read it. Also I have seen many tamil concerts in TV like in singapore/malasia and the larger audiance were not indians :O .

@Prakash .. All the movie .. They have subtitles and also many movies are dubbed into Japanese.

surendhar

Right off the assembly line
chesss said:
Can any south indian guy explain whats the big deal about rajni/sivaji?

i heard ppl start dancing in front of teh screen with rajni's first shot. lol

Nobody can't be Rajni......no more

A MAN BORN WITH STYLE;)

nix

why do the japs love him so much? what was there in muthu?
or forget it, why argue...
ok dudes, you win :eek:
no logical explanations, just blind glorifying...go on...

vaithy

In the zone
nix said:
why do the japs love him so much? what was there in muthu?
or forget it, why argue...
ok dudes, you win :eek:
no logical explanations, just blind glorifying...go on...

Before Muthu, many Tamil films, and bollywood films released in JaPan all have good story lines than in Muthu, but just went off couple of day shows.. But in Muthu the distrilbuter being very smart, give subtitles in Japan, promoted with Japanese posters declaring, Come !!See the Indian Jackie chan in Action !! That pays off the rich dividend..Though Rajni is no match for him in fast action, it was his style in fighting and the rapid dancing in the film , cached their fancy,, When some of the Japanese Youths who viewed the film attempted to imitate him in the Middle of the road by dancing the Muthu songs, the police catch them for nuisance case, but when the Police Chief himself see that film, to understand their strange behaviour, he release them without any charge ...that is how the culture spread... the subtitles led the japanes understand the Indian cultures.. more Japanese come to learn the Indian values through cinema only.. It is strange but true... I was three years in Karnataka.. where there is anti tamil feelings wide spread.. But I was surprised to learn that many Kannadiga try to learn Tamil so they can watch Rajini films, ( They don't like anyone of dubbing movie) Thus Rajini prove cinema can bridge human races ...who are divided by race religion, nationality,

with regards,
Vaithy

praka123

left this forum longback
Is that so in karnataka :? I think in Kerala Rajani fans are lesser.
In kerala,he forced released on all major centres(90 theatres).before one week his filum replaced by local films except thiruvananthapuram and palakkad where tamil population is high.-the point is u cant force someone, assuming the mindset is the same all over south india.
But one thing to tell you,in my state ppl will watch any language film be it hindi or tamil shud be a good film will be a hit.I remember kadhalan,Ullathai allithaa,ddlj,kuchkuchhotahai and all running in packed houses.Even in India,Only Malayalam Channels are the only one,who are showing Hindi,Tamil,Arabic,Telegu Songs and Videos :lol: where can we find any Tamil or Hindi or Kannada Channels showing other LANG songs/videos!

Status
Not open for further replies.