Question regarding dell studio 15

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
P

prakash.gourav

Noobness unleashed....
Sorry guys for replying late. I am waiting for the draft to be sent to dell.

The quotation doesn't say whether gfx card is ddr2 or ddr3... I think it must be ddr2 otherwise they would have surely highlighted the feature on the site.

And about discount-
when i asked about it, the call centre guy confirmed it and said that i will have to send the quotation to him so that he can verify me. However, in end he just sent the final quotation to me instead with all the discount. So i think, the extra discount is availaible if you upgrade the configuration a little bit.
Just ask them and ask.
Otherwise i can send the quotation for you using my iit id. No problem.

Thanks for all the help guys.

HD4570 can't really use 512MB of RAM and give a huge performance boost.
See the second (48K) config in Dell website of Studio 15.
In that, change HDD to 7200RPM and upgrade to 9Cell battery.

Last edited:

abhisheksohal

Red till Death..
I wanna ask ..is this laptop available at the Dell retail stores, (With the Ati radeon 4570)??? And one more thing..im plannin to buy Zenith director plus ultra...if i buy that then i'll have a P8400 2.26 ghz ,3mb cache,1066Mhz Fsb processor with Geforce 9600M GS(512 mb ddr2) nd 4gb ram ..and if i go for dell studio 15 then I will only be able to afford T6400 2ghz ,2mb cache,800Mhz fsb processor and Ati radeon 4570 and 3gb ram...so i wanna know that which will have better gaming performance?? Coz in the comparisons on the notebookcheck.net site...P8400 processor is ranked at 34 while T6400 is ranked at 58..and the Ati radeon is shown to be better than 9600M GS...so which laptop will run games better???

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
I got some feedbacks about the zenith service....its not too good....for home users having desktops they take forever to come and repair things ...same for corporate customers...plus the quality of their stuff is nowhere near that of MNCs ...so long term reliability is a big question ....I checked with friends in Jaipur , ujjain , and Delhi....

All in all I guess the extra money that dell is asking is worth it considering that there are no other options in this range ....specially with good graphics solutions...

I wanna ask ..is this laptop available at the Dell retail stores, (With the Ati radeon 4570)??? And one more thing..im plannin to buy Zenith director plus ultra...if i buy that then i'll have a P8400 2.26 ghz ,3mb cache,1066Mhz Fsb processor with Geforce 9600M GS(512 mb ddr2) nd 4gb ram ..and if i go for dell studio 15 then I will only be able to afford T6400 2ghz ,2mb cache,800Mhz fsb processor and Ati radeon 4570 and 3gb ram...so i wanna know that which will have better gaming performance?? Coz in the comparisons on the notebookcheck.net site...P8400 processor is ranked at 34 while T6400 is ranked at 58..and the Ati radeon is shown to be better than 9600M GS...so which laptop will run games better???
Zenith.

9600M GS is better than HD4570. Remember that 9600M GS is the lower end mid-range model from nVidia while HD4570 is the highest RV710 (low end) GPU from ATI.

And yeah, since the resolution of Studio 15 is higher than Director Ultra Plus, it will have lesser frame rate.

abhisheksohal

Red till Death..
I got a call from the dell support today in response to my mail that i had sent them. They told me that it;ll cost me 46k final for the dell studio 15..wid T6400 2 ghz processor,ati radeon 4570,3gb ram etc. It'll be totally out of my budget even then...so im goin for zenith only...besides i personally feel tha nvidia cards are better in performance and also the regular driver support..

I got a call from the dell support today in response to my mail that i had sent them. They told me that it;ll cost me 46k final for the dell studio 15..wid T6400 2 ghz processor,ati radeon 4570,3gb ram etc. It'll be totally out of my budget even then...so im goin for zenith only...
Good.
besides i personally feel tha nvidia cards are better in performance and also the regular driver support..
Lol, the brand does not determine the performance.
You should look at the model number, core clock, vram, shader count, vram clock, power consumption, etc instead.
And no, drivers from AMD are not that bad. They just have longer release cycles, but that doesn't affect performance.

Having said that, 9600GS is ANYDAY better than HD4570 :lol:

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
hey there are no benchmarks for the 4570 yet....and the sites have tentatively rated it as better than the 9600 ......Its still anyones game...:D ...

foruamit2004

Broken In
@ abhi, if i were yuo and havn't seen the new dell then i wud have bought the zenith one, but after seeing the new dell studio, i wud rather wait for some days untill some benchmarks are out for ati 4570...but for 10k difference wud always prefer dell, offcourse with backlit keyboard, also 15.6" 16:9 led screen is really good for movies/tv shows..

abhisheksohal

Red till Death..
I saw this video on youtube..where this guy has an Asus F6Ve-B1 laptop with HD4570 512 mb ddr2 ,C2D T9550(2.66ghz) ,4gb ddr2 ram! And hes shown the benchmarks on 3dmark 06 ...its just 3521 on 1024x768!! while geforce 9600M gs easily goes above 4000 on 1024x768 on 3dmark 06 :grin: :lol: and even more depending on the processor..like its 4622 at 1024x768 withT9400(2.53 ghz) processor !!
Heres the video..
*www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9MMpraU71g
So its zenith for me no questions asked! :grin: :cool:

OP
P

prakash.gourav

Noobness unleashed....
everyone has different needs and budget... go ahead for zenith...
in my case at 1 point i was also going for zenith but my parents refused to do so.... After all it is their money... :D

In between 1k slashed on studio 15.... yipee...

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
found the video that abhishek mentioned.....here are the results that it gives..for the ATI 4570 HD with 512Mb DDR2 Ram

complete config
Asus F6Ve-B1, 13.3" WXGA, T9550 2.66GHz, 4GB DDR2 800, ATI HD4570 512MB DDR2, 320GB 7200rpm SATA Hard Drive.

3D mark 06- 3521 marks
3166 marks

i guess these are at different resolutions......so how does the Nvidia 9600 perform vis a vis this? that is with the processor that the zenith model has (2.26 Ghz one)

abhisheksohal

Red till Death..
Well the geforce 9600M Gs easily scores above 4000 like i said...and its 4145 with T5800 (2 ghz,2mb cache,800Mhz Fsb) processor as mentioned in the techtree review for the director plus ultra laptop...so with P8400(2.26 ghz ,3mb cache, 1066 Mhz FSB) its bound to be higher than that!! :grin: So u can clearly see the difference...the guys at notebookcheck.net should recheck their ranking..:cool:...

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
comparison of dell studio 15 and zenith director plus ultra in this month's issue of chip ....will upload their benchmark results soon

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
god bless you dude.....please post a complete review of the laptop when you get time......there are a lot of people on this forum waiting for some real info...

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
1. Is it advisable to go for 512 mb ati hd 4570 instead of 256 mb. Means will it have any performance boost?
2. Should upgrade hard drive to 7200 rpm from 5400 rpm? What type of boost this upgrade will have?
1. Go for 512MB if it's GDDR3.
2. Yes, there will be performance boost, you must be talking about the 200GB Performance SATA Drive. But it will come at the cost of battery life.

OP
P

prakash.gourav

Noobness unleashed....
Got the hard drive upgrade because when i made the draft, there was 1k price slash and i didnt wanted to change the draft amount.....
There was a 1k price slash even again after placing the order, but the hard drive upgrade now costs near 2k... :)

k, i will try to post a review soon...

Status
Not open for further replies.