pure gaming rig 65k, plz help I am confused :-?

xlr8_tortuga

Right off the assembly line
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans:Games like batman series, ac series, crysis series, & all upcoming games in 1080p

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans:65k not a penny more:oops:

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans:no

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans:windows 7 ultimate

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans:1tb would do for now

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans:yes full hd 23 inches

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans:i only have headsets & a roccat pyra(mice)

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans:next thursday

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans:yes, will do it myself

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans:Bangalore & will buy it from s.p road

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: yes i want my computer to be of Intel only.
my selected specifications are as follows:
1.processor i5 4570
2. suggest me best h87 atx motherboard
3.suggest a mid tower cabinet with side window
i have nzxt lexa s & h440 in mind
4.monitors lg23ea53vp(sadly the 63 model is not available in india)cons- this has 50million:1 contrast ratio
asus vx238h this has 1ms response time
Dell s2340l this is a perfect monitor but the cons are- has 7ms response time & this is literally a mirror
5. asus r9 270x(this looks durable & tough to me:p
6. 4gb*2 ram corsair or gskill
7.psu(fully confused on this one, should i go with a cooler master or seasonic, will the 550w be sufficient for my rig & i wont be ocing my computer ) seasonic has only four protections if iam not wrong & the cooler master extreme 2 series & the gx series has all the six protections to be in it like (opp, ovp, scp, uvp, ocp, otp)
8. cpu cooler coolermaster 212 evo

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Intel Core i5 4570 -14000,
Gigabyte B85M-D3H -5500,
NZXT Phantom 410 -7000,
Dell S2240L LED IPS -9000,
Sapphire/HIS R9 270X 2GB -14500,
Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1600MHz -5800,
Seasonic SS520GM -6000,
Coolermaster Devastator Gaming Combo -2800.
TOTAL -64,500.

nomad47

Cyborg Agent
Intel Core i5 4570 -14000,
Gigabyte B85M-D3H -5500,
NZXT Phantom 410 -7000,
Dell S2240L LED IPS -9000,
Sapphire/HIS R9 270X 2GB -14500,
Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1600MHz -5800,
Seasonic SS520GM -6000,
Coolermaster Devastator Gaming Combo -2800.
TOTAL -64,500.

This build ia good. Except if you are going for 8 GB, get a 4 GB dual architecture. Or you can get a 4GB stick now and get another later to save aome bucks. Also the cabinet can be toned down, gaming keyboard and mouse can be skipped as of now for a better GPU.

ravi847

Journeyman
if you make some budget cuts you can get the R9 280x. (If you get a 4440 for processor and a 3K case).
For a "pure gaming rig" a great graphics card should be your priority, processor should just be fast enough that it doesn't bottleneck your gpu IMHO.

- - - Updated - - -

Don't go for flashy cabby's. Its the inside that matters:razz:. Anyway there's lots of ways to make your cabinet flashy with a little innovation.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and just a heads up .. The above config is missing a hdd.:)

OP
X

xlr8_tortuga

Thanks for the reply, but what about the psu? i want a psu with all the protections.

- - - Updated - - -

thanks ravi, but won't a 4440 bottlenect a r9 280x? :-? & which cabinet with a side window should i go for?

ravi847

Journeyman
of course its good. A processor should be just enough that it doesn't bottleneck your gpu, it is the gpu that performs the main computing as far as running games are concerned. And for running games at greater resolution you need to have extra graphics memory. The 280x is a very capable card , check its benchmarks. They have some games running fluidly at even higher resolutions than 1080p.
Just know this :-for a gaming rig a gpu is the main component , any processor will do as long as it doesn't bottleneck your gpu.
You can look for amd cpu's too if you are comfortable with overclocking and save some money there.
Just get any decent m-atx supporting cabby and save money there. You can get a SSD which comes highly recommended if you can save some more.

nomad47

Cyborg Agent
of course its good. A processor should be just enough that it doesn't bottleneck your gpu, it is the gpu that performs the main computing as far as running games are concerned. And for running games at greater resolution you need to have extra graphics memory. The 280x is a very capable card , check its benchmarks. They have some games running fluidly at even higher resolutions than 1080p.
Just know this :-for a gaming rig a gpu is the main component , any processor will do as long as it doesn't bottleneck your gpu.
You can look for amd cpu's too if you are comfortable with overclocking and save some money there.
Just get any decent m-atx supporting cabby and save money there. You can get a SSD which comes highly recommended if you can save some more.

I think for a pure gaming rig Intel core i5 will be a better option than the AMD counterparts. And SSD will not increase gaming performance, but will significantly reduce load times.

IMHO don't spend too much on the cabinet. Focus on the GPU. A 280x will be a great addition to the rig.

Cilus

laborare est orare
Instead of getting a Cabinet worth 7K and a 6K PSU, I think you should get a more powerful card like R9 280X.

For Cabinet, get Corsair 300R @ 4.6K and for PSU, get Antec VP650P @ 4.8K. With the rest of the money, get a powerful card like I've suggested.

OP
X

xlr8_tortuga

Instead of getting a Cabinet worth 7K and a 6K PSU, I think you should get a more powerful card like R9 280X.

For Cabinet, get Corsair 300R @ 4.6K and for PSU, get Antec VP650P @ 4.8K. With the rest of the money, get a powerful card like I've suggested.

yes i thought about that, & i just came to know that amd has released r9 280(non x) & they have priced it @ 280$, 20$ more than the amd r9 270x, should i wait for it? or should i just go ahead with 270x and i was having second thoughts about buying a b85 motherboard instead of buying a h87 motherboard, can b85 motherboards handle 1080p gaming?( i know its a noob question):mrgreen:

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
yes i thought about that, & i just came to know that amd has released r9 280(non x) & they have priced it @ 280$, 20$ more than the amd r9 270x, should i wait for it? or should i just go ahead with 270x and i was having second thoughts about buying a b85 motherboard instead of buying a h87 motherboard, can b85 motherboards handle 1080p gaming?( i know its a noob question):mrgreen:

Go get the R9 270X 2GB and don't have any second thoughts about B85M-D3H MB because I have it and am playing any game in 1080p resolution with my GTX650Ti Boost 2GB GPU.ok.

Cilus

laborare est orare
Buddy, forget about other cards and get a 280X or something more powerful. Today's games are very demanding and since you can accommodate a 280X by incorporating small changes in your other components, you must go for it. Believe me, 270X struggles even today to play some of the games @ 1080P resolution with high settings.

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist

it is not the mobo which handles 1080p gaming. it is the cpu, gpu combo which is important. so make sure you get a powerful gpu (along with a capable cpu) as suggested by cilus.

Top Bottom