Purchase of Higher end Android based mobiles

pvsraao

Broken In
Dear Sirs

I would like to purchase a mobile with the following requirements.

Budget = Around 23-26k

1. Display = 4"min
2.Form = Bar model
3. OS = Android 2.3
4. Rear Cam = 8 MP or more with Good quality Flash
5. Front Cam= Suitable for video calling
6. Documents, 'Xls', 'pdf' viewing capability
7. Internet browsing
8. FM rado
9. Other 3G/4G features as provided for higher end mobiles

Kindly suggest suitable model and Brand

pvsr

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
But in xda forum everybody's saying tat 2X is not upto the expectations and having some bgs. if that issues are minor,it is a vfm one. otherwose not

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
random restart is the no.1 problem with most Android mobiles. so waiting for Gingerbread update is advised before going for O2X

Sarath

iDota
Well i would say xperia arc since i own one and its been serving me well.

Here's my complete review if you are interested:
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/reviews/140770-se-xperia-arc.html

Soumik

Padawan
High end Android...
Increase ur budget and wait for Samsung Galaxy S II. Its the baap of all androids. THE most powerful phone in the industry right now. The 16GB version should hit streets within the next 2 weeks with a price tag of around 30-35K...

Else get OX2 and wait for Gingerbread update. Its got a hardware better than anything else u can get in India right now. With proper software it would be the next best thing to SGSII.

SGSII out of budget, not into LG for OX2, hold on for a couple of more months. HTC Sensation's coming somewhere in the next couple of months. Even though iPhone 5 would also be releasing, i dont think it would be available in India so soon. HTC sensation would theoratically be just next to SGSII in performance, and ahead of OX2 and Motorola Atrix, will have to wait for the actual reviews to come in.

Other than these... no point buying high end phone rite now.

dsneih

da Mafia
high end model. this is not right time for high end model..

Dual core is future of the Android for next couple of year .. and LG 2X (27 k) is only dual core which is launched in india and SG II is next one which is scheduled in couple of month .. HTC Sensation is also due in next couple of months ...

so wait for future launches and by that the time all get launched price will be very stable ..

aroraanant

Explorer
If U can increase ur budget then wait for SGSII and HTC Pyramid.
If U wanna buy a phone now then try Incredible S

sanithkk81

Broken In
For Rs. 26k and below Sony Ericsson arc is the best choice with default Andriod 2.3 OS if you don't want front camera. And SE is known for its awesome audio and camera quality!

Otherwise go for Incredible S which is having a front camera but it comes with Android 2.2 which can be upgraded to 2.3 later.

Or if you want divx playback(SE doesn't support divx but it can be easily solved by rockplayer application) and don't want front camera either HTC Desire HD(this phone also comes with default Andriod 2.2 OS) is the phone that you must buy

Last edited:

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
Your post is reeking of the Xperia Arc. Android 2.3.3, brilliant screen,awesome camera,slim,light but lacks a front camera. If you are devout to getting a front cam, go for the incredible S. Dont go for the 2x. It sucks at stock and if you brick your phone trying to flash it the A.S.S guys cant do ****.

KDroid

Cyborg Agent
I would suggest you to wait for HTC Sensation & Galaxy S II.

If you're in a hurry, go for Google Nexus S. It's totally Reliable & perfect according to your requirements. There's not a single requirement of yours that it lacks.

Also, have a look on Dell Venue. It's Awesome.

Xperia Arc has got excellent hardware. But then it lacks a front facing camera.

nixhead

Broken In
I have budget of 25K or below and I have to buy best droid on 25th June.
Is there any other phone apart Nexus S which I can go for?

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
By 25th of June, you should be able to get SGSII for some 27k-28k and nothing beats that deal. If strictly inside 25k, get Desire S for 23k and a 8 or 16gig class 10 microSD.

Top Bottom