PSU : Glacialtech or Corsair ?!

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
Hi,

am going for this config...would be getting this PC on coming sat :

CPU + Mobo - i7 2600K + Asus P8Z68 V-Pro B3-Revision (revised price at 28400/-)

GPU - MSI N580GTX Lightning (revised price at 29k)

CPU Cooler - Hyper 212+

Cabinet - HAF-X (revised price at 11,350/-)

PSU - Corsair TX850 V2 (revised price at 7k)

the doubt pertains to PSU selection...a few members here (like lodirecto, nilgtx260) have recommended people here to get a Glacialtech GP AX 950 AA PSU, but some of my friends are advising me to play safe and get the corsair one only...kindly suggest. since the glacialtech one is a modular PSU, hence i considered it worthwhile to get in some more advise from you ppl....kindly assist.

thanks

MegaMind

Human Spambot
Glacialtech GP AX 950 AA has 2 years warranty handled by smc

Corsair TX850 V2 has 5year warranty..

My pick/suggestion would be glacialtech...
Though it has got only 2yrs warr., the reviews hav proved that it s a great unit & it is modular, 80+ silver @6k..

jonnyguru - GlacialTech GP-AX950AA 950W

The only reason this PSU is not recommended in this review is that, At the time of the review, Glacialtech quoted $330 for this unit..

Last edited:

pegasus

Journeyman
Corsair TX850M?
Enthusiast Series™ Modular TX850M — 80 PLUS® Bronze Certified 850 Watt High Performance Modular Power Supply - Enthusiast Series - Power Supply Units

OP
GhorMaanas

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
Hi,

thanks to all of you for the inputs ! some of my friends have advised me to simply go for corsair TX850 V2 and thus avoid any possible worries in the future. also, there's just one review of glacialtech on the net ! makes me a little wary too...but it being a modular one is really tempting....having read your suggestions, i guess i would take the final word on it from the seller himself.

thanks a lot again for your time !

lordirecto

In the zone
OP, how did you know that I am using GlacialTech 950W PSU?

I have no problem using that PSU so far and it is next to silent.

OP
GhorMaanas

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
Go ahead n take the cr@p advise of seller/dealer..

lol...and to say that the seller (primeabgb) himself has asked me to buy GT...:razz:

OP, how did you know that I am using GlacialTech 950W PSU?

I have no problem using that PSU so far and it is next to silent.

i think i saw some post of yours where you mentioned this. and anyway, your sig reveals it :)

GT then is a serious PSU...hmm

Top Bottom